VLC 3.0 issues - bottom of frame lines plus screensaver activates

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Huntervlc
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 3.0 issues - bottom of frame lines plus screensaver activates

Postby Huntervlc » 15 Feb 2018 17:36

First off, VLC's updater almost never works. I always have to figure out for myself that there is an update. But when I do, things frequently don't get fixed. I reported this issue in 2.2.1 (among others, like FLAC being broken) and all I got in reply was a link to the nightly build which had the same problem.

First issue - lines on the bottom of frames. This is from 3.0.
http://imgsrc.ru/hwhutchins/58355412.html

Second issue - the screensaver kept coming up! I double checked and it was disabled in options. It wasn't working.

I am sorry to say I downloaded 2.2.1 and reinstalled that because it has fewer issues for me. One suggestion I read said to clear the preferences and cache when installing. So, about that. If that's necessary, it should be required. I'm not going to waste time reinstalling over and over again to try to get it working. Or at least say "if you are updating to fix an issue, you must clear your preferences" although seeing as I haven't changed much at all there, it shouldn't matter.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”