VLC 3+ Bluetooth headphones jumping when resuming from pause

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dbrain
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 3+ Bluetooth headphones jumping when resuming from pause

Postby dbrain » 13 Feb 2018 04:50

Hello,

This occurs on VLC 3.0.0 release and the VLC 4.0.0 nightlies for Win64. Possibly others but that is what I have tested.
When watching content, seemingly no specific format, it works fine from the start. If I pause, wait a few seconds and resume the audio starts skipping constantly, like you were listening to it through a fan or drumming the top of the speaker.

I can sometimes make it recover by disabling audio and reenabling, but generally I need to close VLC and reopen and continue from where I was.

Headphones are BOSE QC35 Series II. They are the only bluetooth device I have to test with so not sure if its specific to these headphones. The previous version was fine though.
Happy to provide whatever details will help.

Thanks!

rwrahe
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.0
Operating System: Mac OS

Re: VLC 3+ Bluetooth headphones jumping when resuming from pause

Postby rwrahe » 13 Feb 2018 22:27

I'm having an almost identical problem except on MacOS High Sierra with headphones plugged in. If VLC sees them (Audio shows as headphones) then pausing and resuming will generate that skipping/fluttering audio. Clicking the skip-reverse button, or in the slider and it clears up. VLC 3.0.0.

Sounds like a generic issue, not Windows specific.

Bob

dbrain
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dbrain » 14 Feb 2018 00:24

Thanks @rwrahe. Fluttering is a good word. I'll make a post in the general forum including your information and reference this.

dbrain
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dbrain » 14 Feb 2018 00:55

ssbssa
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 2.0.2
Operating System: Windows

Postby ssbssa » 14 Feb 2018 13:53

Try moving libspatialaudio_plugin.dll out of the VLC\plugins\audio_filter\ directory.
If the problem goes away after VLC restart, it's this bug: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/19406

rwrahe
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.0
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby rwrahe » 14 Feb 2018 17:39

Try moving libspatialaudio_plugin.dll out of the VLC\plugins\audio_filter\ directory.
If the problem goes away after VLC restart, it's this bug: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/19406

Perfect!

On MacOS (High Sierra) that is "libspatialaudio_plugin.dylib" in the directory: "/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins". Moved it to /tmp and no more fluttering with headphones.

Thanks,

Bob

dbrain
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dbrain » 14 Feb 2018 23:20

Thanks! Also solved it on Windows 10 (64bit), just suffixed the file with .disable.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”