vlc blu-ray menus

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
vlcjonny
New Cone
New Cone

vlc blu-ray menus

Postby vlcjonny » 02 Feb 2018 17:44

I have spent a lot of time in this forum to find a solution for having Blu ray menus with vlc and Itried a lot of proposals.

I create my BD's with corel Video Studio X10 as an iso image. Before I burn them I would like to check the iso image. The creation of menus is cumbersome with Corel and I often have typos in the menu, because the preview of the menus is too small with Corel

1. I go to the iso image and select with a right click Play with VLC (version 2.2.6 Umbrella on windows 10 64bit). This results in an error message:

Ihre Eingabe konnte nicht geöffnet werden:
VLC kann die Medienadresse 'dvd:///I:\' nicht öffnen. Für Details bitte im Fehlerprotokoll nachsehen.

2. I open VLC and select open media. (Before I have mounted the iso image with Virtual Clone Drive) Then I select Blu ray and deselect no menus. VLC opens the Main menu. I then click on the Title and then the first chapter menu appears! Great! But that's it. I cannot go further. Clicking does not work and in the menu Play of vlc chapter is grayed out, Title works)

With dvd's it works fine with menus and I can play with a BD all the mts files in the folder BDMV/Stream.

I am not interested in playing bought blu rays with strange KEYBDCFG and libaacs.dll, although I tried this, because I thought it would help me on my BD's created by myself.

My question is very simple: If VLC cannot play BD's including BD menus created by Corel Video Studio will a competent member of the forum tell me that it is not possible or if it is possible tell me a way of getting it to work.

It would help to save me a lot of frustration.

garf
Developer
Developer

Re: vlc blu-ray menus

Postby garf » 09 Feb 2018 09:11

Hello,

you can try this: https://gitlab.com/garfvl/vlc-bluray
If Corel Video Studio generates valid BD menus, it should work.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”