Multiple Audio language choice - help

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
bugsquash
New Cone
New Cone

Multiple Audio language choice - help

Postby bugsquash » 22 Jan 2018 01:44

I may be missing something simple here - such as a seperator symbol ... BUT - I watch a LOT of foreign films - and live in horror of dubbing - as such I really want the correct language for a film. I assumed that I'd be able to input the codes of as many languages as required (with English being the last), and that it'd work its way through the list until it found a matching audio file.

At the moment I have it set to jpn - attempting to add korean, chinese, spanish and french just caused it to default to english. I did try the ";" seperator - but no joy. Can't find it anywhere when searching - so was forced (ho-hum) to "signup" to ask. Am I just being dumb - or does VLS not actually allow for this. Help appreciated.

robUx4
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Windows

Re: Multiple Audio language choice - help

Postby robUx4 » 22 Jan 2018 08:59

Can you paste the command-line you're using or the parameter value you are setting ?

bugsquash
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bugsquash » 22 Jan 2018 10:25

Well - it wasn't exactly much - but tried "jpn kor chi" and "jpn;kor;chi" etc - also tried a colon separator, and with and without spaces in between. Coming to the slow conclusion that this probably isn't supported, although I'm not surprised.

robUx4
Developer
Developer

Postby robUx4 » 22 Jan 2018 11:14

I still don't understand where you put those values.

bugsquash
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bugsquash » 22 Jan 2018 15:41

Sorry - Preferences/Audio/ "preferred audio language" - in the "tracks" section at the bottom of the Audio tab

robUx4
Developer
Developer

Postby robUx4 » 24 Jan 2018 11:58

The proper format is "jpn,kor".

When the values are correctly understood you should have something like this in the logs:
main input debug: selected audio language[0] ja
main input debug: selected audio language[1] kr
After that it should work.

bugsquash
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bugsquash » 25 Jan 2018 13:56

Thank you so much :) I did wonder if it was just another separator - but ran out of patience by the time I'd tried the colon.

ps. JUST noticed that the parameter input box actually has a pop-up telling me that the separator is a ","....I was in such a rush that it never had time to appear.........
My thanks for your forbearance :D

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”