Convert/Save HSBS 3D to Anaglyph 3D audio out of sync

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
chad13075@nc.rr.com
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 2.2.6
Operating System: Wnidows 10

Convert/Save HSBS 3D to Anaglyph 3D audio out of sync

Postby chad13075@nc.rr.com » 27 Jun 2017 16:35

I have no problem VIEWING HSBS (Half Side By Side) 3D in Anaglyph (Red/blue) mode in VLC. I am trying to RECORD that anaglyph video into an output video file. I know the basics on this. I've done it numerous times,using CONVERT/SAVE, and I can, indeed, get an anaglyph 3D output video file in MP4 format. BUT THE AUDIO IS ALWAYS OUT OF SYNC!!! The anaglyph is GREAT, but it's useless with audio that's out of sync. This is driving me crazy so I'm turning to the community for help. Here I will show the process I am using, step by step, so that hopefully, SOME WONDERFUL PERSON will spot what I'm doing wrong....
1. I go to MEDIA>>CONVERT/SAVE

2. I add my chosen video file (which given my intent will be a HSBS 3D video)

3. I click the down arrow next to CONVERT/SAVE and select CONVERT.

4. This opens the "CONVERT" window. In it I select "Convert", and choose the video profile. I ALWAYS use "H.264 + MP3 (MP4)".

5. Next to the Profile box is a button with wrench & screwdriver, "Edit Selected Profile"....I click that.

6. This opens the "PROFILE EDITION" window. In it there are 4 tabs: ENCAPSULATION, VIDEO CODEC, AUDIO CODEC, & SUBTITLES

7. In ENCAPSULATION, I leave it at the default of MP4/MOV.

8. In VIDEO CODEC, I keep the "Video" box checked; below that is 3 other tabs: ENCODING PARAMETERS, RESOLUTION, and FILTERS. For ENCODING PARAMETERS, I use all defaults: Codec: H-264, Bitrate: Not Used, Quality: Not used, Frame Rate: Same as Source. For RESOLUTION I also leave all defaults in place--all "AUTO". For FILTERS, I have to select "Convert 3D picture to anaglyph image video filter", as this IS the WHOLE POINT of the project!

9. In AUDIO CODEC, I keep the "Audio" box checked, and I also keep the "Keep Original Audio Track" box checked. NOW THIS MAY BE WHERE I AM GOING WRONG....because IF you do NOT have the "Keep Original Audio Track" box checked, the previously "greyed out" parameters below become adjustable, and you can change the audio codec, bitrate, # of channels and sample rate.

10. In SUBTITLES, I never do anything (I add subs with MKVGUI)

11. So now all 4 tabs are properly adjusted, I click SAVE at bottom of window; this returns you to the "CONVERT" window.

12. I enter an output filename and destination, and click START.

So that's it...VLC begins recording and all SEEMS fine. But when I play back the output, while the anaglyph is PERFECT, the audio is way out of sync! Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Chad Bedford

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”