Video zoom with loop issues

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Ducati888
New Cone
New Cone

Video zoom with loop issues

Postby Ducati888 » 09 Feb 2017 18:08

I have been using V1.1.11 and when I zoom a video in or out and use the loop function, the video re-starts the same size as it finished.
Trying the latest V2.2.4 the video re-starts it's defaults size and I have to zoom it again as required.

I have looked through the "simple" and "all" settings and tried various combinations without success.
I know this topic has been covered on this forum before but I can't see any solution posted.

Any help would be very useful.

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Video zoom with loop issues

Postby kodela » 09 Feb 2017 19:07

I do not know if I understand you correctly.
Have you already adjusted the zoom factor via the advanced video settings (Preferences - All - Video - Zoom video)?

Ducati888
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Ducati888 » 10 Feb 2017 10:58

The scale factor is set to 1 in the preferences.
I then have hotkeys on the keyboard set to scale up and scale down to adjust the video to suit.

When the scale adjustment is made via the keyboard the video will revert it's orginal size when it goes into a loop cycle in V2.2.4
However in the earlier versions it remained the same size as set by the hotkeys.

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Postby kodela » 10 Feb 2017 12:34

The behavior of the scaling and zoom functions has changed since version 2.1.x. This also affects the size setting via the hotkeys.

Previously, these buttons have changed the video window with the video in its size. Today only the size of the video is changed, but the video window keeps its size.

Differences result in the display of the video is also available, even in the case of different settings (video integrated in the interface yes / no).

Ducati888
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Ducati888 » 10 Feb 2017 13:26

Thank you for the explanation, but I am not sure I understand it.

So is there any way of keeping the video frame size within the VLC window the same size as set with the hotkeys when the loop re-starts

This is the only reason I still use the old V1 program as it's a useful feature.

pkrpkr
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pkrpkr » 28 Aug 2019 11:04

Is there any more news about this issue? I still see the same problem occurring with version 3.0.8 on Mac and it's quite annoying to be honest.

unidan
Developer
Developer

Postby unidan » 29 Aug 2019 20:25

Hi, this will be fixed thanks to the refactor done in VLC 4.0, but maybe not in the 3.0 branch unfortunately, except if someone is willing to write a patch for it.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”