Open Folder. how?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
paulbellamy
New Cone
New Cone

Open Folder. how?

Postby paulbellamy » 04 Dec 2016 23:34

I have the latest version of VLC Media Player, and Windows 10. I open VLC media player, click Media, click Open Folder, go to a folder on my attached external drive which contains two .jpg files, and click on the folder. On the Open Folder window, the selected folder appears in the Folder box at the bottom of the screen. I click Select Folder in the lower right part of screen. Nothing appears on the screen except the stripped cone. I think I have followed the instructions mentioned in the Quick Start instructions in the documentation. Why do I not get one of the pictures followed by the other picture? I think VLC should have shown all the picture files in a given folder sequentially and probably repeated that until I stopped it.

videobruce
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: v3.0.6 Portable
Operating System: Win7 (unfortunately)

Re: Open Folder. how?

Postby videobruce » 05 Dec 2016 15:01

Same problem here. If you go to the playlist, the files show there. My guess is, this seems to only read metadata, not M$ file names and only in the Playlist.
I have found that you can edit the metadata title, but not the M$ file name like you can in Light Alloy.

Player.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”