Auto repeat play.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Cranfield
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Auto repeat play.

Postby Cranfield » 22 Jul 2016 23:01

I have Windows 7 and VLC media player is my default setting.
Just recently when it finishes playing a video, it immediately starts playing it again.
This has never happened before and I am not aware of anything different, or changes, that could have influenced this.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

jayR
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: Auto repeat play.

Postby jayR » 23 Jul 2016 01:14

You probably press the repeat button in the toolbar inadvertently. The button changes status: repeat all, repeat one, no loop. The button's icon is two arrows circling around.

Cranfield
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Cranfield » 23 Jul 2016 10:07

I am not doing or touching anything when this happens, just watching the credits on the video, then it automatically goes back to the beginning and starts playing again.

Cranfield
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Cranfield » 23 Jul 2016 11:06

Oooops, I have just realised what you meant and went back and checked the symbols that you referred to (which I have never used) and noticed that they were both "blue", not white like the others.
I have now clicked on them enough times to turn them both white and the problem has disappeared.
Thanks for your help , as you say I must have inadvertently clicked them sometime by mistake.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”