[VLC 2.2.2] Glitch at the bottom of .mp4 video encoded by Handbrake

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
bertrande
New Cone
New Cone

[VLC 2.2.2] Glitch at the bottom of .mp4 video encoded by Handbrake

Postby bertrande » 02 Mar 2016 19:31

Hi, i'm using latest vlc version (2.2.2) under Win-XP. I've found a bug with playing some videos (the bug is also present in the current latest nightly builds 3.0.0).

The bug occur when playing .mp4 video produced by Handbrake (after encoding from .VOB);
There's a glitch that appear at the bottom of the video, and it's make all the width.
Since it's quite difficult to explain, here's a screenshot:

Sometime the glitch appear even before the video start, as you can see in the screenshot, since the video first 3 seconds are entirely black, but the glitch is still there.

If there's anything you need to help fixing this issue (such as a video sample), please let me know, and i'll upload it.

ps: I used to have a nightly builds of 2.2.2 before the official 2.2.2 release, and the problem was not there, so it's a new glitch.

Thanks

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: [VLC 2.2.2] Glitch at the bottom of .mp4 video encoded by Handbrake

Postby mederi » 02 Mar 2016 22:11

Does this happen with default video output module in VLC? It is DirectX (DirectDraw) in Windows XP.
What will happen if you set "Direct3D9" for video output module in VLC preferences: Tools > Preferences > Video: Output [Direct3D9 video output] => Green line or thick bar at the bottom?

bertrande
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bertrande » 03 Mar 2016 21:48

The preferences was using "Automatic".
I couldn't find "Direct3D9 video output", but i tried "Direct3D video output" and "DirectX (DirectDraw) video output" from the list.
The result is the same (the glitch is still there)

Anyway, since i couldn't find "Direct3D9 video output", i assume it was the same as "Direct3D video output".
I had these available:

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Postby mederi » 16 Mar 2016 12:52

Please try the nightly build: http://nightlies.videolan.org/
with video samples provided at https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/16597#comment:34

BPirate
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby BPirate » 17 Mar 2016 06:34

Try this. Also, if you're still on XP, please be using a high-powered AV Scanner.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”