Kind of a weird issue I'm having with right click menus...

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
brontosaurus
New Cone
New Cone

Kind of a weird issue I'm having with right click menus...

Postby brontosaurus » 29 Jan 2016 10:27

After about 10-20 seconds of playing a movie, I lose all ability to exit full screen, enter full screen, seek time, right click menus, etc. It works for about 10-20 seconds and then it just stops appearing when I right click. I also have to end task to get rid of the program and relaunch.

The menu appears to materialize but then it stops leaving only a shadow where my cursor is. I have tried installing both 32bit and 64bit installers. I'm on windows 10 with all latest updates. Using a MSI GS40 laptop with intel HD530 graphics and a nVidia 770M GPU. I have also tried right clicking on VLC and running with the nVidia GPU, but it still does the same thing.

Should also note that the video does continue to play and produce sound with no visual or audio artifacting. I can also pause using the space bar.

Ludrax
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: Kind of a weird issue I'm having with right click menus...

Postby Ludrax » 29 Jan 2016 13:10

I also have to end task to get rid of the program and relaunch.
unusual memory usage of that task?
An' if ain't broke, then don't try to fix it...

brontosaurus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby brontosaurus » 29 Jan 2016 13:33

nothing out of the ordinary as far as I know

aitte
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby aitte » 30 Jan 2016 02:43

I have the same exact problem - also on an MSI system - A GT72. I also have an Nvidia 770 and the Intel graphics - It happens for sure when I'm running the NVidia graphics, not sure about Intel. I'm using the latest patched version of Windows 10.

After VLC has been open for about 30 seconds - the progress bar on the bottom no longer updates, and no menus will be available. The program menus at the top work sporadically, if you hold down the left click... but otherwise don't work.

The right click context menu does not work.

If you happen to be fullscreen when this happens, you cannot exit full screen, you have to kill the app.

This happens even if you are not playing any media - the only action required is leaving VLC up for a while doing nothing.

aitte

Postby aitte » 30 Jan 2016 03:06

same issue reported on this thread: https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 4&p=436783

brontosaurus
New Cone
New Cone

Postby brontosaurus » 30 Jan 2016 23:55

Seems like something to do with MSI specific hardware maybe.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”