How to stop VLC from Taskscheduler

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
F0NIX
New Cone
New Cone

How to stop VLC from Taskscheduler

Postby F0NIX » 22 Sep 2015 09:44

I have looked around but can not find a good way to stop vlc from running at a given time on a computer with Windows 7. (Also tried the same thing on Win10 with no luck).

What I am aiming to do is have a playlist starting at a specific time of day and running in a loop. And then at a another time of the day a new playlist should be run (and looping).

I can start a playlist from task scheduler with no problem, but starting the second playlist does not stop the first one, it only open in a new instance and are running in the foreground. Thus the audio from the first playlist is still coming through.
I have tried the setting "Allow only one instance" in VLC, but then I can not start the second playlist from task scheduler.

I have tried setting a task in windows task scheduler with this command: taskkill /im vlc.exe , but it does not work.
When I try to execute that from the command prompt it response with:
"ERROR: Process vlc.exe with PID 5212 can not stop"
"Reason: no access"

(Not sure of the exact English words, as the response is in Norwegian on my computer)

Running on Win7 x64 as an administrator and using VLC 2.2.1

Is there other ways to stop the VLC from running at a given time of day?

kodela
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: How to stop VLC from Taskscheduler

Postby kodela » 22 Sep 2015 12:26

with taskkill /F /IM vlc.exe

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”