Audio lag every 10 sec

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Tidos
New Cone
New Cone

Audio lag every 10 sec

Postby Tidos » 19 Jun 2015 18:23

Hi everyone,

i have the problem that the audio in vlc lag every 10 sec. That happens not always but often. I dont know what the trigger for the problem is but if i restart the pc, the problem is gone and it's coming back if something happens when the pc run. It also disappears when the pc run for some time. It's very confusing.

The problem exists for audio streams, audio files and videos with audio. If a video runs, the video displays correct but the audio have every 10 sec a lag. If the vlc player have the problem, windows media player works correct at the same time. I tried to stop antivirus program (Kaspersky Total Security), change cache values for vlc, reinstall vlc player, tried older version (2.1.5) and also tried 64 Bit version of 2.2.1. Nothing works.

Software infos:
- VLC Player 2.2.1
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
- Kaspersky Total Security (15.0.2.361)

Hardware infos:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K
- GPU's: Nvidia GTX Titan X and 680
- Mainboard: ASUS X99-A
- Soundcacrd: ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus

If anyone can help me or has a hint to solve it, it would be nice.
Thanks.

Tidos

swissphoenix
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Audio lag every 10 sec

Postby swissphoenix » 20 Jun 2015 04:37

got the same problem vlc 2.0.8 is the last one that works normal

tried to listen to internet radio http://mp3.radiox.ch:8000/standard.mp3.m3u

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 17 Jul 2015 11:14

Hi everyone,

i have the problem that the audio in vlc lag every 10 sec. That happens not always but often. I dont know what the trigger for the problem is but if i restart the pc, the problem is gone and it's coming back if something happens when the pc run. It also disappears when the pc run for some time. It's very confusing.

The problem exists for audio streams, audio files and videos with audio. If a video runs, the video displays correct but the audio have every 10 sec a lag. If the vlc player have the problem, windows media player works correct at the same time. I tried to stop antivirus program (Kaspersky Total Security), change cache values for vlc, reinstall vlc player, tried older version (2.1.5) and also tried 64 Bit version of 2.2.1. Nothing works.

Software infos:
- VLC Player 2.2.1
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)

Hardware infos:

Thanks.

Tidos
Disable the ASUS powersaving.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Tidos
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Tidos » 22 Jul 2015 11:42

Hi everyone,

Software infos:
- VLC Player 2.2.1
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)

Hardware infos:

Thanks.

Tidos
Disable the ASUS powersaving.
Thanks for your answer, but please can you specify it for me. I can't find anything in google with these two words. Do you mean there is an option in the bios or at the sound card? Or do you mean an Windows option? And did you have the same problem before and tested it successfully?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 22 Jul 2015 13:57

No idea waht the name is.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”