Tiny Menu size on UHD display

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
avaggarwal
New Cone
New Cone

Tiny Menu size on UHD display

Postby avaggarwal » 18 Jun 2015 07:14

I am running VLS 2.2.1 Terry Pratchett (Weatherwax) on a Windows 8.1 Lenovo Laptop with a 15" UHD display. The menu bar buttons (play, pause, skip, stop, volume, etc.) are EXTREMELY tiny (approx. 3-4 mm) and I can't seem to figure out how to make these buttons/menu bar large enough to make them comfortable to see. Here's a screenshot: As you can see, the buttons on the bottom are relatively super tiny. And its pretty hard to see them on the 15" lenovo UHD display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

hobbes
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Tiny Menu size on UHD display

Postby hobbes » 18 Jun 2015 17:45

If you switch to fullscreen, much larger controls appear (on top of the video, unfortunately) when you move the mouse.

avaggarwal
New Cone
New Cone

Postby avaggarwal » 18 Jun 2015 18:47

Nope, they're just as small in fullscreen, too.

Boernie
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Boernie » 13 Aug 2016 08:14

Since I bought a new Hewlett Packard Omen Laptop with 17" UHD-display (WIN 10) a few days ago, I seem to have the very same issue. The user interface buttons are so extremely small that I can hardly see their functions at all and not to speak of if shuffle or repeat is selected or not, which seems nearly impossible to determine.
Also Fullscreen or Maximized Window mode don't help with the issue. I also tried to modify the user interface to "Bigger Buttons" but hardly noticed any difference. So I'm desperately seeking for help other than using the magnifying tool or reducing the screen resolution. Increasing the font size helps only with the normal menu on top of the VLC player.
Since I have similar User interface issues with other "older" programs (e.g. Photoshop Elements 12, etc.) as well (which miraculously disappear if i use a current version for testing) (e.g. Adobe Elements 14), I assume that this is merely a "being up-to-date"-Problem with these higher 4k-resolutions. So when will this change happen in VLC?
Info: I'm using the current VLC version 2.2.4

jayR
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby jayR » 13 Aug 2016 09:51

I also bought laptop recently. Initially I was thinking about Full HD 15.6" monitor. But I soon realized this problem. So I picked up HD monitor laptop. Still some display panel letters are too small. There is no point buying computer with monitor of higher than 96 DPI.

Simple solution is to change display resolution to 2k or HD.

Grisly
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Grisly » 07 Jul 2017 07:39

The same problem controls are too small. Is any solution except changing display resolution to 2K?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”