VLC file type association?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
quantass
New Cone
New Cone

VLC file type association?

Postby quantass » 31 Oct 2005 22:34

After installation, I've looked around VLC options and just cant seem to find an area which allows me to select the file type its associated with (ie. AVI, MPEG). To do just that I must manually specify this under Folder Options for XP whereas every other video player i simply go to options and select the file types -- a long time common feature of the simplest video player.

If VLC doesnt have such an ability can someone please explain to me why not? In fact can someone please explain to me the awful UI. Thank you for having the video and controls on a single window but geez guys learn to organize the controls on the page, for instance the Extended area. It almost seems a bit comical how awful the UI is. Check out eMule as the antithesis. With that said VLC still is the best video player out there.

Just my 2 cents.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 01 Nov 2005 16:56

you need to rerun the installer.
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

OpTicaL
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby OpTicaL » 01 Nov 2005 20:48

Or just do a right click and "Open With" in windows and select "always open with this program"

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”