sound problems with vlc

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
redhammer

sound problems with vlc

Postby redhammer » 28 Oct 2005 08:26

Hi, I Have newest VLC 0.82 or whatever it was, its the newest. and when i try to play any movies with it, i get this terrible sound, high scratching, its like listenin to a radio thats not tuned in and it almost blows my speakers. have tryed evrything with sound settings in vlc and windows and installed all new drivers for evrything.

system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) 1508 mhz but overclocked to 2300, Socket 939

Msi K8N Neo4 Platinum socket 939 "Using the integrated AC 97 Realtek 7.1 ds"

Nvidia Gainward GeForce 6600 GT GS 128 mb ram"GDDR3"

5 hard drives, one external Maxtor 200 gb pocket drive, 1st hd in computer is a WD Raptor 10000rpm 74.5 gb, 2x WD Caviar 250 gb and another Maxtor 200 gb, all exept the external drive"usb 2.0" is S-ATA

OS Windows XP Pro SP2 fully updated, av: Norton Systemworks 2005 premium fully updated, antispyware: Ad Aware Proffesional, newest.

I dont think il be in this forum, so if any "good souls" out there could gimme tips via email, tore_daniel91@hotmail.com, it would be much appreciated.

Tore Daniel

Postby Guest » 29 Oct 2005 01:19

Quote:
Go to

preferences

----> Advanced [x]
-----> Audio
------>Audio Output Module (Choose Win32 waveOut extension output)
Save

Restart.

Postby Guest » 29 Oct 2005 19:43

I'm having the same problem, and I'm still running 32bit windows. When I click advanced, all I see is CPU Features and Other. There isn't a selection for audio there.

chaimav
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby chaimav » 30 Oct 2005 02:44

I'm having the same problem, and I'm still running 32bit windows. When I click advanced, all I see is CPU Features and Other. There isn't a selection for audio there.
'Advanced' = 'Advanced options' and is a check-box in the bottom right hand corner. 'Audio' is one of the options on the left.

Postby Guest » 31 Oct 2005 14:03

'Advanced' = 'Advanced options' and is a check-box in the bottom right hand corner. 'Audio' is one of the options on the left.
Have a similar problem. Sound quits when winding/jumping ahead in a movie. Followed configuration instructions (Win32 waveOut), even did a full windos restart, still no joy. It's very irritating when the scene one wish to view (and listen to!) is far out in the file...

Kuriashin

Postby Kuriashin » 01 Nov 2005 07:06

Thankyou so much, those instructions did the job. I swear I nearly fell out of my seat when it first happened. Bloody had the sound cranked up and --please stay polite-- me i --please stay polite-- myself. Anyway thanks again buddy

Cheers

Kuriashin

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2005 22:00

it helped me too!!!!
the problem showing after installing some codexs i think

anyway its working again

thetron

Postby thetron » 02 Nov 2005 07:12

Thanks for the help

I've been having the same problem. I thought my computer was broken!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”