no sound

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
drloyd
New Cone
New Cone

no sound

Postby drloyd » 25 Jan 2015 06:15

When I play the file from my DVD, it plays fine with sound. When I then convert it using VideoLAN, the file contains the video, but no sound. My media player has no sound, however, if I play the converted file with VLAN, it is fine. Help. Am i missing a setting on the conversion? The audio on the converter contains a -1 ?

drloyd
New Cone
New Cone

Re: no sound

Postby drloyd » 25 Jan 2015 19:31

I want to thank all of you who read this for giving such prompt and informative replys. Actually NOBODY responded. Is that the usual process here?

drloyd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby drloyd » 26 Jan 2015 20:10

is there no one out there that can help me? I thought this was a place to get help?

brbixxx
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 2.2.0

Postby brbixxx » 08 Mar 2015 22:36

This will probably be too little too late for your issue, but it looks like a number of other users have had similar complaints.

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... on#p357748
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... on#p343740

Having no inside knowledge of this process myself, I'm just going to parrot the administrators to hopefully get some discussion going.
Can you provide the log of the conversion process? Here are the boilerplate directions for providing a log via the administrators:
Please open Tools -> Messages (set Verbosity to 2) before you start the operation and then paste the full resulting log here or on Pastebin.com if it's too long.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”