Set screen size to remain constant between files

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
jo-mccall
New Cone
New Cone

Set screen size to remain constant between files

Postby jo-mccall » 02 Jan 2014 19:39

Hi there,

I'm not entirely sure that I'm posting in the right section, but here we go:

I have VLC for Windows and recently had to completely uninstall and reinstall the free software due to some problems that I couldn't fix. Since re-installing I cannot seem to fix the screen size so that it remains the same between played files, which has happened automatically on all previous versions on VLC I have had. I seem to remember there being a menu option to keep window size on my old version, but cannot find it now, and when I am watching series episodes, not on full screen, the box size changes itself with every new episode. I would simply like it to stay the same between episodes each time I set window size when play begins. I also know that it will chance between, say, and episode and a movie, but between episodes of a same series and from a same folder I have never had this problem before.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Jo

oggmeista
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Set screen size to remain constant between files

Postby oggmeista » 17 Oct 2014 21:31

Yeah I have the same problem, can't it be set by dragging the corners, sides out and then remaining constant at that size throughout the playlist regardless of the size resolution and type of media that it plays throught the playlist

I know you can fix one corner to stay in a fixed poition, I think this top left, but is there a way of fixing the position of the bottom right? If thee is can someone explain it please as this would resolve the problem

thx

lewtwo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: varies
Operating System: windows, linux, andr

Re: Set screen size to remain constant between files

Postby lewtwo » 27 Oct 2014 01:18

If you can get it "sized down" to what you want press the control key and select "X" button.
I do not know "what exactly" this does but afterwards VLC always comes back at the same size it was last exited.
That solved my problem of HD OTA broadcast zooming out the physical screen size.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”