"Recent" videos

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
chad13075@nc.rr.com
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 2.2.6
Operating System: Wnidows 10

"Recent" videos

Postby chad13075@nc.rr.com » 06 Jun 2014 03:58

I have been trying for weeks to find a way for my "Recent" videos to NOT show up if I right-click the VLC icon, but nothing works. After looking at the "Preferences" dialogue box, I thought MAYBE the line "Display Playlist Tree" was the answer, but after I unchecked that box, the recent video list was still there and still compiling every video I watched. Is there any way to prevent this from happening ? I couldn't find anything on the subject in the FAQ,. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening??

Chadman

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Re: "Recent" videos

Postby CloudStalker » 07 Jun 2014 05:21

Hi, chad.... :]
You can go to Tools > Preferences and under Interface Settings you'll see a section (Privacy / Network Interaction) with two boxes. Untick the "Save recently played items" box. If you do not see this option then perhaps you may be using an older version of VLC(?).

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”