How to fix window size?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
terrypin
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

How to fix window size?

Postby terrypin » 10 Dec 2013 18:20

I have never been able to setl VLC so that I consistently get it to open a permanently fixed size of window, preferably the size I dragged it to on my last use. No matter what I specify in the Window Properties section of the Video settings, the program seems to ignore them. Can someone step me through how to do this please?

Also, how do I get change the colour of the background, so that I can see where the edges are on dark videos?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

JSLover
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 2.1.5
Operating System: Win7

Re: How to fix window size?

Postby JSLover » 14 Dec 2013 07:19

I have never been able to setl VLC so that I consistently get it to open a permanently fixed size of window, preferably the size I dragged it to on my last use.
...that's easy...follow the steps in my reply here...
...I've never played with the options you highlighted in your screenshot, so I don't know how they will affect the option I have you change in my steps, so you may need to undo them — or not, perhaps they may even HELP force the window to a specific size/location, I don't know. Try my steps 1st & find out, if you need to undo the changes you've already made.
"why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?" — jawed (2013) (about YouTube's new requirement of Google+)

youtube.lua — Play YouTube videos in VLC!
Updated: Thu, Jan 15, 2015 --- 1/15/15, 7:19:19pm EST

forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=111977&p=379147#p379147
Sigh, the above can't be a link: "You cannot use certain BBCodes: [url]."...so, I can't even link back to a post on this forum?
How about this: can long-term/trusted users be allowed links in sigs?

terrypin
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to fix window size?

Postby terrypin » 14 Dec 2013 14:01

Thanks JSLover, that's the setting I needed. In fact I found your post meanwhile. And an earlier post of mine ages ago when I'd asked essentially the same question and forgotten about!

I can't understand why VLC's author hasn't fixed that default (switched it to OFF) years ago, as that's the obvious preference of the large majority of users. And also reorganised the whole settings section so that you don't need to go looking for potential conflicts.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”