I want it back !

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
IDFX

I want it back !

Postby IDFX » 30 Sep 2005 09:38

Hi,

I'm under XP sp2 and I'm used to run VLC to play video files, everything was going alright till yesterday.
Wanting to change my "xwindows" default skin player, I've downloaded an "Itunes skin like", blame on me : install, restart, try to get that new one by default, restart and now I get two VLC players opening at the same time, with an old skin.

I've tried to uninstall, re-install, uninstall, clean the registry, restart, install : always the same stuff. As soon as I doubleclick on the "vlc.exe", two vlc players open and crash as I try to reach the preference menu or anything else.

Please help, I want it back !

Regards.

IDFX

cellplex
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cellplex » 30 Sep 2005 11:27

You could try deleting your vlcrc preferences file

it's in

C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows Login Name>\Application Data\vlc

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2005 11:37

That's good idea. In my vlc folder, inside application data folder, I'v got a strage "vlc" file, with no extension (I'm not hiding any extensions in the explorer) and a subfolder called "cache".

Is there THE problem, vlc without extension ?

Regards.

IDFX

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2005 11:43

Try to delete the famous vlc file and it worked. Everything seems to be alright...

Thanks a lot for the awser.

Regards.

IDFX

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”