vlc snapshot compile cygwin error

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
dumarjo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

vlc snapshot compile cygwin error

Postby dumarjo » 28 Sep 2005 15:11

hi all I try to compile vlc under cygwin. I just do a clean cygwin install.

I unzip the contribe tar file in the /usr/win32.

i put the bootstrap line that is mantioned in the compile.win32.

type make

and near the end of the make, i get this error:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/vlc-0.8.4-test1'
srcdir=. ./toolbox --update-version
g++ -mno-cygwin -Wsign-compare -Wsign-compare -Wall -mms-bitfields -pipe -L/usr/
win32/lib -o vlc.exe src/vlc-vlc.o lib/libvlc.a share/vlc_win32_rc.o ./modules/m
isc/memcpy/libmemcpymmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_rgb_mmx.a ./modules/vid
eo_chroma/libi422_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_ymga_mmx.a ./modules
/video_chroma/libi420_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmxext.a ./modul
es/misc/memcpy/libmemcpy3dn.a ./modules/demux/liblivedotcom.a ./modules/mux/mpeg
/libmux_ts.a ./modules/demux/libmkv.a ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a ./modul
es/stream_out/libstream_out_switcher.a -L/usr/local/lib -g -lkernel32 /usr/win32
/lib/libiconv.a /usr/win32/lib/libintl.a /usr/win32/lib/libiconv.a -lws2_32 -lne
tapi32 -lwinmm -mwindows -L/usr/win32/lib -L/usr/win32/live.com/UsageEnvironment
-lUsageEnvironment -L/usr/win32/live.com/groupsock -lgroupsock -L/usr/win32/liv
e.com/BasicUsageEnvironment -lBasicUsageEnvironment -L/usr/win32/live.com/liveMe
dia -lliveMedia -lws2_32 -ldvbpsi -lz -lmatroska -lebml -lavformat -lz -lavcodec
-lavutil -lz -lfaac -lmp3lame
/usr/win32/lib/libmatroska.a(KaxCues.o):KaxCues.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14__simple_alloc
IPKN11libmatroska13KaxBlockGroupESt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE8allocat
eEj[std::__simple_alloc<libmatroska::KaxBlockGroup const*, std::__default_alloc_
template<true, 0> >::allocate(unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefined reference to `std:
:__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned int)'
/usr/win32/lib/libmatroska.a(KaxCues.o):KaxCues.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14__simple_alloc
IPKN11libmatroska13KaxBlockGroupESt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE10deallo
cateEPS3_j[std::__simple_alloc<libmatroska::KaxBlockGroup const*, std::__default
_alloc_template<true, 0> >::deallocate(libmatroska::KaxBlockGroup const**, unsig
ned int)]+0x1d): undefined reference to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>:
:deallocate(void*, unsigned int)'
/usr/win32/lib/libmatroska.a(KaxBlock.o):KaxBlock.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14__simple_all
ocIPN11libmatroska10DataBufferESt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE10dealloca
teEPS2_j[std::__simple_alloc<libmatroska::DataBuffer*, std::__default_alloc_temp
late<true, 0> >::deallocate(libmatroska::DataBuffer**, unsigned int)]+0x1d): und
efined reference to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*, u
nsigned int)'
/usr/win32/lib/libmatroska.a(KaxBlock.o):KaxBlock.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14__simple_all
ocIiSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE10deallocateEPij[std::__simple_alloc<
int, std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::deallocate(int*, unsigned int)]+0
x1d): undefined reference to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate
(void*, unsigned int)'
ocIPN11libmatroska10DataBufferESt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE8allocateE
j[std::__simple_alloc<libmatroska::DataBuffer*, std::__default_alloc_template<tr
ue, 0> >::allocate(unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefined reference to `std::__default_
alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned int)'
ocIiSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE8allocateEj[std::__simple_alloc<int,
std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::allocate(unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefin
ed reference to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned int)'

/usr/win32/lib/libebml.a(EbmlMaster.o):EbmlMaster.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14__simple_all
ocISsSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE10deallocateEPSsj[std::__simple_allo
c<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::_
_default_alloc_template<true, 0> >::deallocate(std::basic_string<char, std::char
_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >*, unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefined referenc
e to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*, unsigned int)'
/usr/win32/lib/libebml.a(EbmlMaster.o):EbmlMaster.cpp:(.text$_ZNSt14__simple_all
ocISsSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE8allocateEj[std::__simple_alloc<std:
:basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__defau
lt_alloc_template<true, 0> >::allocate(unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefined reference
to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned int)'
ocIPN7libebml11EbmlElementESt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE8allocateEj[st
d::__simple_alloc<libebml::EbmlElement*, std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>
>::allocate(unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefined reference to `std::__default_alloc_t
emplate<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned int)'
ocIPN7libebml11EbmlElementESt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EEE10deallocateEP
S2_j[std::__simple_alloc<libebml::EbmlElement*, std::__default_alloc_template<tr
ue, 0> >::deallocate(libebml::EbmlElement**, unsigned int)]+0x1d): undefined ref
erence to `std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::deallocate(void*, unsigned in
t)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [vlc.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vlc-0.8.4-test1'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vlc-0.8.4-test1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

dumarjo@JONATHAN-PII /usr/src/vlc-0.8.4-test1
$

I realy don't know what to do with this error

Jonathan

DanBrwn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanBrwn » 28 Sep 2005 15:18

You may be having a problem with the ebml stuff. I have seen several post on this. Check out this post viewtopic.php?t=12493 . In particular when it talks about disable ebml stuff. It looks like under some ,(most maybe?) ,The latest snapshots don't work with this enabled. I have finally been ablet to build under W2k and W98SE but not under XP at all. Good Luck.

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 28 Sep 2005 15:23

this error is because you chose a contrib package that says "gcc-3.3.1-only" but then you used gcc-3.4.4

Code: Select all

dumarjo@JONATHAN-PII $ gcc --version
the 2 easiest options are:

1. --disable-mkv if you want to, and keep 3.4.4

2. or downgrade the gcc packages to 3.3.3

dumarjo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dumarjo » 28 Sep 2005 15:57

ok I try to disable it.

under cygwin i don't see anywhere where i can downgrade to 3.3.1

Jonathan

DanBrwn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanBrwn » 28 Sep 2005 16:15

You can't downgrade to 3.3.1 but as pointed out in other posts, you can downgrade easily to 3.3.3 which does work. You may have a lot of questions coming up. There has been a lot of discussions about this very recently in this forum, Please read those before posting since a lot has already been discussed. Thanks, Good Luck

dumarjo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby dumarjo » 28 Sep 2005 18:06

i have been able to compile it with the --disable-mkv

thanx

Jonathan

DanBrwn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanBrwn » 28 Sep 2005 20:10

Are you building on Windows XP? I still can not build on it. If you are will you post your config script file? Also GCC, G++, autoconf, automake versions. Thanks

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”