Windows GUI bug

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MarkAMS

Windows GUI bug

Postby MarkAMS » 27 Sep 2005 17:09

I am having a problem streaming output using the windows GUI.

I want to use RTP/RTSP and this option is not appearing in the GUI under the UDP option as shown in all the documentation.

Should I have installed some sort of module or is there something Im doing wrong?

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 28 Sep 2005 08:58

this was fixed after 0.8.2

check out 0.8.4-test1 if you want:
viewtopic.php?t=12634

MarkAMS

RTP Missing in 0.82

Postby MarkAMS » 28 Sep 2005 14:17

I installed 0.84 as you suggest. Exactly the same problem of missing RTP under stream output. I've attached a screen grab so you know what I mean

There should be a RTP entry under the UDP settings

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 28 Sep 2005 15:33

This option was removed because it's use was limited. We advise you to use the vlm core of VLC for cases like these. Please read the streaming howto.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

DanBrwn
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby DanBrwn » 28 Sep 2005 15:57

If you would like a simple example of how to do this quickly, Just download an older version that has the RTP. Use the rtp button and watch what is written to the command line above as you click the different buttons. Then copy and paste each part from the screens to a notepad or other editor. This will show you quickly what the vlc is looking for on the command line. You have to copy each of the pages to get the whole string but it is probably much quicker than reading an understanding all of the streaming how to documents. You can click on different things to see how it gets put together. Anyway, after that , you can upgrade your VLC to the newer version and create a .bat file to call VLC with the proper command line to use the RTP. I hope this isn't confusing. Just keep in mind that the GUI is only creating a command line for you so you can expoit that for quick and dirty command line creation. Good Luck

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”