VLC and Anime...why does it look so damn GOOD?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
isamu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC and Anime...why does it look so damn GOOD?

Postby isamu » 12 Sep 2013 07:15

I have recently started watching anime on my PC for the first time in over 5 years. I have chosen VLC as my player of choice and couldn't be happier. I honestly can't believe how good VLC makes anime look with just the slightest tweaks here and there. I have a BENQ W6000 DLP front projector and even on my 110" screen, the image is nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!! And get this....VLC makes anime DVDs that I even bought over 12 years ago look like they were released this year! Exactly what kind of magic are the VLC developers sprinkling into this software player that's making anime dvds look this good? Some anime TV series on dvd that came out back in 1998 look like they can pass for BluRay!!! Here's a shot of Bubblegum Crisis 2040(the original ADV release, not the re-release).

Mind you, this is from a dvd that was released back in 1999!! These pics don't do what I see on my projector justice. They actually look better and more crisp while VLC is running. Unbelievable. I seriously can't understand what VLC is doing to make my anime dvds look this good! My Playstation 3, as a stand alone dvd player is a straight up JOKE in comparison to VLC.

Jaw is dropped to the floor. If Bubblegum Crisis looks this good, I can only imagine what the remastered versions of Cowboy Bebop will look like....*drools* :shock:

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: VLC and Anime...why does it look so damn GOOD?

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 12 Sep 2013 14:22

:D
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

isamu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC and Anime...why does it look so damn GOOD?

Postby isamu » 14 Sep 2013 17:17

Hmmm....fired up MPC-HC and made some tweaks to to the picture via MadVR and FFDshow, and I have to say, it is giving VLC a run for its money. Anime looks extremely good!!!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”