MKV Video Replays, but audio continues

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
BlamefulToaster
New Cone
New Cone

MKV Video Replays, but audio continues

Postby BlamefulToaster » 20 Mar 2013 17:55

Hello,

I have been using VLC player for a while now, with no problems until a few days ago. I was trying to play a MKV file like i normally do in VLC. It opened the file, the audio plays correctly, even if you click to different times in the video. The problem is the video, it will keep playing the first 1-2 seconds of the file over and over again. Even if you select a different time in the video, it will play the first couple of seconds and then repeats, but the audio is the correct audio no matter where you play. The files work correctly in any other media player, except VLC. Ideas?

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: MKV Video Replays, but audio continues

Postby Lotesdelere » 21 Mar 2013 08:18

Please open Tools -> Messages (set Verbosity to 2) before you start the playback and then paste the full resulting log here or on Pastebin.com if it's too long.

Also upload a short sample of a problematic file to either http://streams.videolan.org/upload/ or to EmbedUpload.com, the latter will upload the file for you to several other hosts and then post the link to the file here.

Cut it with DGsplit and read here about how to do it:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57724&p=193335#p193335
50 MB max should be enough.

TypX
Developer
Developer

Re: MKV Video Replays, but audio continues

Postby TypX » 21 Mar 2013 14:22

Just to be sure, are you using a vlc 2.0+?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”