Incorrect Recording Stream for VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
userbg
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Incorrect Recording Stream for VLC

Postby userbg » 07 Sep 2012 09:42

Hello friends. I am using VLC 2.0.3 (32 bit) on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (original OS) with powerful computer. I try recording from [url=rtsp://31.13.218.243:1935/rtplive/nova_1000kbps.stream]this RTSP[/url] to any computer. The output file is MP4. I noticed that on every one computer VLC play output MP4 video stream too much slow, it seems that it drop or freeze. While audio stream is playing normal (original). You can try some recording and will notice that MP4 is corrupt or maybe unplayable, because of VLC reason. I was asking solution before and the following steps did not help me.
your issue should be fixed by disabling clock synchronisation. To do this go to:
Tools >> Preferences >> (Select "All" for "Show settings") >> Input / Codecs

Then scroll down to the "Advanced" section and change the "Clock synchronisation" to "Disable". Click "Save" and try the stream again.

It may not be perfect as the audio may get out of sync with the video and it might need to rebuffer a few times - however the regular sync issue should go away.
For example i was upload output video and You can explore what is received.
Download MP4 Stream Record (file size 7.69 MB)

Can you confirm is this a bug or you may have fix?

userbg
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Incorrect Recording Stream for VLC

Postby userbg » 23 Sep 2012 22:28

Still not work. Do you recommend new installation of Windows 7 OS? :-|

thomger
New Cone
New Cone

Postby thomger » 05 Oct 2012 19:39

Try playing the file with QuickTime Player. It worked for me.... (Version 7.6.7)

userbg
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby userbg » 07 Oct 2012 16:53

Still not work! Video goes later then audio. If duration is more long, then asynchron in edning part of movie is more big! By default i have the latest QuickTime installed to computer, but video stream is droping. VLC show video good without drop, but it play slow down!

userbg
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby userbg » 08 Oct 2012 16:21

Hey. What is this silence?
Is VLC require DirectX, i don't know what it want any more?! This is no good! I'ts down! I am thinking to get KMPlayer or other media player. Here is no support. :(

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 09 Oct 2012 12:44

Patience, there are some strange things happening with this stream that need more investigations.
The video is H.264 MBAFF interlaced but I can't get the AAC audio to play neither I can record it.

userbg
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby userbg » 20 Oct 2012 00:50

there are some strange things happening with this stream that need more investigations.
The video is H.264 MBAFF interlaced but I can't get the AAC audio to play neither I can record it.
By me, audio stream is OK. Only video stream slow down temp! This is it!
:arrow: Actually VLC convert video with wrong adjustment, this is it!
In new version 2.0.4 this is not fixed. :-|

anmaelo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby anmaelo » 31 Mar 2013 15:22

this thread corresponds best to the problem that i have. if this is not the right place or the solution to my problem can be found elsewhere could you please direct me to it.

i use VLC to record stream from for example from this address: rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/saunja
in the recorded videos sound and picture mismatch so that soundtrack is only about 78 % of the "picturetrack". when replaying the videos VLC "says" that its duration is the same as the duration of the soundtrack (as far as i understand). still the videopicture goes on playing soundless for a longer time (1.2 times longer). for example in a video recorded for 5 minutes there is sound for the 4 first minutes, and the sound gets increasingly in advance of the picture during replay. in the end of the video the mismathc gets really disturbing (the bird can be heard calling a long time before it opens its beak).

when i upload these videos to Youtube it always complains:"The video you uploaded may have audio/video sync issues." the duration of the resulting Y-tube-video is the same as the length of the soundtrack, so the rest (the end of the video) is rejected.

is there a cure to this problem? i am aware of the methods to compensate for a constant delay/advance of sound relative to picture, but it can't cure this problem because soundtrack contracts in constant proportion to the length of "picturetrack". i also tried the above mention "clock-disable"-trick (as well as "clock-enable") but my problem was not cured. there is something wrong in the recording process. i have tried all the VLC 2.*- versions and all of them produce videos which have this problem. i also tried some 1.*-versions but they didn't work either (plus there were other difficulties, too). i have Windows7 in my PC.

juanmaprivi
New Cone
New Cone

Postby juanmaprivi » 20 Sep 2017 03:45

Hi I fixed it with changing to Webcam on the video device capture option (the one after -Media -Open Capture Device)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”