VLC video cutting does not act accurate

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
sibeMamnue
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

VLC video cutting does not act accurate

Postby sibeMamnue » 20 Sep 2012 14:37

Hi all

I want to use vlc to cut some parts of an avi file with ( h264 mpeg4 AVC ) codec. I used this command:

Code: Select all

"c:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "1.avi" --start-time=10 --stop-time=20 --sout=#transcode{}:file{dst=res.avi} --no-sout-keep --no-loop vlc://quit
I except the file's length be about 10 seconds but when I see the generated file it's length is about 462 second. I see the start-time is correct but the length is not. I used some options such as --sout-keep and --run-time but they where not effective. How can I di this accurately using command line :( ?

Thank you all

sibeMamnue
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC video cutting does not act accurate

Postby sibeMamnue » 22 Sep 2012 09:19

Another confusing subject I see is that when the file I have to split is on a flash memory this command works slowly but correct (without vlc://quit), But when the input and output files are on the hard-disk the result file length is incorrect; however the start time is correct!

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: VLC video cutting does not act accurate

Postby Lotesdelere » 22 Sep 2012 11:28

You should create a new ticket on the VLC Trac with your messages logs and the link to this thread.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”