How to disable play lists

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
tskjaerpe
New Cone
New Cone

How to disable play lists

Postby tskjaerpe » 01 Sep 2012 17:16

I am sorry if this problem is already discussed and solved in the Windows forum, but I couldn't find any such thread (there was one in the Mac forum, but was inapplicable to Windows).
I am using small video clips when teaching medical students. Often, I have to quickly look through a large number of clips to find the most illustrative. The problem is that VLC adds each clip to the playlist when I double click the clips to view them, and then plays all the clips in sequence. I can avoid the problem by closing VLC after viewing a clip before I double click the next clip. However, that is too time consuming.
Coul you please instruct me how to disable play lists.

solazy
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: How to disable play lists

Postby solazy » 01 Sep 2012 21:10

Hi tskjaerpe,

In case the playlist can't be disabled, here is a workaround that may help you to "ignore" all video clips in your current playlist, except the one you're currently viewing.

Tools => Preferences => Interface (show settings : All) => Playlist => Play and stop (check) => Save => Quit Vlc

After that, when you view any video, it will automatically stop at the end of the video, ignoring any other videos that may be in the playlist. Also, if you push again the play button, it will replay the same video, as if there was only 1 video in the playlist.

tskjaerpe
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How to disable play lists

Postby tskjaerpe » 02 Sep 2012 16:39

Thanks a lot. Seems to work.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”