video is blocky(?) and stops working all the time.....

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

video is blocky(?) and stops working all the time.....

Postby mattaconda » 13 Jun 2012 17:52

ive used vlc for a while now and upgraded recently. i use a hp net book hooked up to a hd 34" monitor via vga cables.

for past few days ive been having issues with video freezing.
getting choppy and freezing while audio track continues.
there has been no change in my pc but ive uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now to no avail.
i love vlc player since im no computer genius but i use it to watch a lot of shows and movies i download legally :)
it seems the smaller i make the vlc window the better it is. the larger i make it the worse it gets.
ive disconnected from monitor and i still have the same issues.

i totally baffled because it is also using anywhere from %60 to %100 of my cpu and i will have everything else closed except for my antivirus program which ive used with vlc for years now.

ive tried everything to fix it but to no avail. ive cleaned registry and netbook out from everything that could be an issue using ccleaner.

im at a loss and refuse to use any other player because theyre not user friendly and i dont have the time to learn about codecs or other thinngs. i just want to watch my movies and videos and relax once again!

so thank you in advance for your assistance in helping me fix this asap!

the mattacoonda

(ps please dont be grammar nazi's because of my political affiliation as an anti-capitalist lmao!)
(i hope someone gets that joke! ^ )

Chrisi22
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: video is blocky(?) and stops working all the time.....

Postby Chrisi22 » 14 Jun 2012 03:09

HI,
What are the formats & resolution of movies that freeze? Is is all or only certain formats / high resolutions?

Could be several problems - I'm not an expert. One issue I had going to VLC 2.x was many (but not all) hi res (1720x1080, etc.) would freeze. If I clicked the seek bar farther down, it'd display that frame, but wouldn't advance on its own. For movies of same format & same res, some would play - some not.

For me, turned out (apparently) in 2.x, under Preferences/show all/Video/Output Modules, that in the drop list, it was set to Default, what ever that was (in Vista w/ Nvidia 301.42 GPU drivers). I'd never messed w/ that setting in yrs of using VLC, but I chose another Output mode & they immediately started playing. I chose OpenGL Video Output in the drop box, because I know my drivers support that. You may have to choose another.

VLC using 60 - 100% of CPU is problematic. Possibly bad install or memory leak, conflict w/ another app.
What type CPU & how much RAM do you have?
Are you using onboard graphics or a card? Either way, how much memory do they have? If it's hi res movies, your graphics need to be able to handle them.

Try the VLC portable (zip file). Just extract it to a folder & test it vs the installed version. Check on settings mentioned above.

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 14 Jun 2012 04:36

hey Chris. i tried your idea and didnt even have an option for 2.x or really much at all other than directx2 or directx3 dummy default and a few others.
ive spent hours adjusting everything i could find then starting over and repeating the process.
i have plenty of memory and my hardware and software are all ok and ive downloaded 3 other players that all played the different types they required but didnt have all the things that made vlc user friendly..

it seems video size format and definition maake no difference. ive tried avi mp4 x264 mpeg and flv mkv.....you name it i tried it. form 30 seconds to 4 hour long vids. it just keeps freezing blurring then not functioning.

the only way anything seems to be playable is if i make the window small....very small. rough to a 1/4 of my display size. or if i have a window open on top of ot with the player in the background i cnt get to 1/3rd that monitor screen size but skips a little.

im using the hp mini and and neither my add on monitor nor my netbook monitor make it any different.

although i was using for a while a really old version of vlc and updated it to the newest format last month and everything was great until a few days ago or so where it just stopped working for me?!?!

i would watch the vlc shows that you cold watch through a stream and was thinking how awesome it was compared to my older version.
basically i tried everything event database roll back to before i was having this problem.

so basically it will only play when i shrink window down very tiny or partially play a bit bigger when say my video folder is the front window in front of it.
my brain is getting fried trying to figure this out.

oh yeah 3gb of ram. plenty of space on it. i do recall having an error message though now of vlc's popping up where i send crashh report. but ive deleted that version and reinstalled it twice since.
i do have an onboard graphics card which is up to dateand hi-res or low res it still seems to uck. im getting really frustrated but ill try to download whatever the VLC portable zip thingy now to see how that works. i just want the player to be able to play vids and music. i dont stream or anything else and it just has me all kinds of crazy because i want to watch the season finale of game of thrones season 2 sooooo bad but it doesnt work.

oh and one more thing ive also used the converting feature and was really happy with thatup to this point. overall it just seems to be an issue with the vlc system. ill try the zip one as you mentioned and reply back to you to see if it worked!

thanks for the help all the same! :(

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 14 Jun 2012 05:19

OK I COULDNT EVEN GET THE FILE TO OPEN OR SAVE FOR THE PORTABLE. IM DONE WITH VLC AT THIS POINT. IVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO FIX IT AND GOT NOTHING. THE ZIP FILE DIDNT EVEN OPEN AS A ZIP OR SAVE AS A ZIP. I EVEN TRIED THE 7ZIP VERSION AND IT JUST GIVES ME TH SAME EXE DOWNLOAD AS THE OTHERS. IM GONNA HAVE TO MOVE ON AT THIS POINT SADLY!!!!!!

THIS FUGGIN SUX!!!!!

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 14 Jun 2012 09:53

Please open Tools -> Messages (set Verbosity to 2) before you start the playback and then paste the full resulting log here or on Pastebin.com if it's too long.

Also upload a short sample of a problematic file to either http://streams.videolan.org/upload/ or to MirrorCreator.com or to EmbedUpload.com, so it will upload the file for you to several other hosts, and then post the link to the file here.

Chrisi22
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Chrisi22 » 14 Jun 2012 15:10

Do what Lotesdelere suggested - the log files may contain info on the problem.

Did you not see in the drop box for Video Output modules choices for ones listed in "WindowsFAQ-2.0" for XP:
For Windows XP and younger you can try DirectX 3D, DirectX, OpenGL and Windows GDI video output modules.
IF you don't see DirectX, DirectX 3D or GDI, you might check your system for them & d/l the newest versions, if you don't have them, or update them anyway.

Also, after d/l the zip / 7zip portable version of any app, then extracting it to a folder, flash drive, etc., ALL you'll see is the main .exe file & a few others.
It doesn't install in your OS. To run it, just double click the vlc.exe file, or send a shortcut for the .exe file to your desktop, etc. I was trying to see if the portable version, that doesn't depend on any installation, worked better. However, it may still use your old prefs settings, so if there's a setting(s) not right, it could still cause problems. Someone correct me on that, if I'm wrong.

One other thing not mentioned, you can try resetting VLC preferences to default. I'd still create the logs, 1st.
If a setting got messed up & each time you reinstalled VLC, but kept your old preferences, if there WAS a problem w/ a setting, it just carried over to each new install.

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 16 Jun 2012 12:05

main debug: adding item `UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' ( file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi )
qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi
main debug: Creating an input for 'UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index -1
main debug: processing request item: UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi, node: null, skip: 0
main debug: resyncing on UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi
main debug: UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi is at 0
main debug: starting playback of the new playlist item
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB, in path 'C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp'
main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' gives access `file' demux `' path `/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' file='C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)\UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 3 candidates
main debug: no access_demux module matching "file" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 8.694 ms - Total 8.694 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 8.694 ms)
main debug: creating access 'file' location='/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi', path='C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)\UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: looking for access module: 3 candidates
filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)\UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: using access module "filesystem"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 1.641 ms - Total 1.641 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.641 ms)
main debug: Using stream method for AStream*
main debug: starting pre-buffering
main debug: received first data after 0 ms
main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 6250 KiB/s
main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 4 candidates
main debug: no stream_filter module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.724 ms - Total 0.724 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.724 ms)
main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate
main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.345 ms - Total 0.345 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.345 ms)
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='' location='/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' file='C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)\UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: looking for demux module: 55 candidates
avi debug: <list 'AVI '>
avi debug: <list 'hdrl'>
avi debug: <list 'strl'>
avi debug: </list 'strl'>
avi debug: </list 'hdrl'>
avi debug: <list 'INFO'>
avi debug: </list 'INFO'>
avi debug: skipping movi chunk
qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input
avi debug: </list 'AVI '>
avi debug: * LIST-root size:576935848 pos:0
avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:576935840 pos:0
avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:306 pos:12
avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24
avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:116 pos:88
avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100
avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164
avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:106 pos:212
avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:224
avi debug: | | | + strf size:30 pos:288
avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:28 pos:326
avi debug: | | + ISFT size:15 pos:338
avi debug: | + JUNK size:1666 pos:362
avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:573052964 pos:2036
avi debug: | + idx1 size:3880832 pos:573055008
avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED
avi debug: stream[0] rate:23976024 scale:1000000 samplesize:0
avi debug: stream[0] video(XVID) 624x352 24bpp 23.976024fps
main debug: selecting program id=0
avi debug: stream[1] rate:48000 scale:1152 samplesize:0
avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x55 - MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3) 2 channels 48000Hz 16bits
avi debug: selected standard index for stream[0]
avi debug: selected standard index for stream[1]
avi debug: stream[0] created 88592 index entries
avi debug: stream[1] created 153960 index entries
avi debug: stream[0] length:3695 (based on index)
avi debug: stream[1] length:3695 (based on index)
main debug: using demux module "avi"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 534.076 ms - Total 534.076 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 534.076 ms)
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)
main debug: looking for decoder module: 31 candidates
main debug: no fetch required for (null) (art currently (null))
avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x360a64)
avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering
avcodec debug: allowing 3 thread(s) for decoding
avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-4 Video) started
avcodec debug: using frame thread mode with 3 threads
main debug: using decoder module "avcodec"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 199.768 ms - Total 199.768 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 199.768 ms)
main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.863 ms - Total 0.863 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.863 ms)
main debug: looking for meta reader module: 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\vlc\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac
main debug: no meta reader module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 9.883 ms - Total 9.883 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 9.883 ms)
main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' successfully opened
main debug: Buffering 0%
main debug: Buffering 8%
mpeg_audio debug: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:128
main debug: Buffering 16%
main debug: creating audio output
main debug: Buffering 25%
main debug: Buffering 33%
main debug: Buffering 41%
main debug: Buffering 50%
main debug: Buffering 58%
main debug: Buffering 66%
main debug: Buffering 75%
main debug: Buffering 83%
main debug: Buffering 91%
main debug: Buffering 100%
main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 7 ms)
main debug: looking for audio output module: 2 candidates
aout_directx debug: Opening DirectSound Audio Output
main debug: looking for text renderer module: 2 candidates
freetype debug: Using Arial as font from file C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ARIAL.TTF
freetype debug: using fontsize: 2
main debug: using text renderer module "freetype"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 20.330 ms - Total 20.330 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 20.330 ms)
main debug: looking for video filter2 module: 18 candidates
swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: RGBA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality)
main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 31.437 ms - Total 31.437 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 31.437 ms)
yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter
main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 355.573 ms - Total 355.573 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 355.573 ms)
main debug: Deinterlacing available
main debug: deinterlace 0, mode blend, is_needed 0
main debug: Opening vout display wrapper
main debug: looking for vout display module: 6 candidates
direct3d debug: creating Vout EventThread
aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver
aout_directx debug: found device: IDT Audio
aout_directx debug: using device: IDT Audio
direct3d debug: DirectXCreateWindow
main debug: looking for vout window hwnd module: 2 candidates
qt4 debug: requesting video...
aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!)
aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel
aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread
main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 592.014 ms - Total 592.014 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 592.014 ms)
aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready
main debug: output 's16l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/4 bytes
main debug: mixer 'f32l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes
main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'s16l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: looking for audio filter module: 14 candidates
audio_format debug: f32l->s16l, bits per sample: 32->16
main debug: using audio filter module "audio_format"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 157.513 ms - Total 157.513 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 157.513 ms)
main debug: conversion pipeline completed
main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 2 candidates
qt4 debug: Video was requested 0, 0
main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 32.375 ms - Total 32.375 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 32.375 ms)
main debug: input 'mpga' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1152 samples/969 bytes
main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate
scaletempo debug: format: 48000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32
scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search
scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1440.000 stride_in, 1440 stride_out, 1152 standing, 288 overlap, 672 search, 2400 queue, fl32 mode
main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 15.301 ms - Total 15.301 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 15.301 ms)
main debug: filter(s) 'mpga'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
mpgatofixed32 debug: mpga->f32l, bits per sample: 32
main debug: using audio filter module "mpgatofixed32"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.592 ms - Total 0.592 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.592 ms)
main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'f32l' 52800 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: using audio filter module "samplerate"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.683 ms - Total 0.683 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.683 ms)
main debug: End of audio preroll
main debug: using vout window hwnd module "qt4"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 280.793 ms - Total 280.793 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 280.793 ms)
direct3d debug: created video sub-window
direct3d debug: Vout EventThread running
direct3d debug: disabling screen saver
main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 632x379 window
direct3d warning: trying surface pixel format: YV12
direct3d debug: selected surface pixel format is YV12
direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for minification
direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for magnification
direct3d debug: Direct3D scene created successfully
direct3d debug: Direct3D device adapter successfully initialized
main debug: using vout display module "direct3d"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 447.589 ms - Total 447.589 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 447.589 ms)
main debug: original format sz 624x352, of (0,0), vsz 624x352, 4cc I420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0
main debug: removing module "freetype"
main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 624x352 window
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.834 ms - Total 2.834 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.834 ms)
avcodec debug: using direct rendering
main debug: End of video preroll
main debug: Received first picture
direct3d debug: Created 525x23 texture for OSD
main debug: Post-processing available
main debug: Decoder buffering done in 995 ms
main warning: PTS is out of range (-9924), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (-33834), dropping buffer
mpgatofixed32 debug: libmad error: bad main_data_begin pointer
main debug: auto hiding mouse cursor

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 16 Jun 2012 12:10

Please open Tools -> Messages (set Verbosity to 2) before you start the playback and then paste the full resulting log here or on Pastebin.com if it's too long.

Also upload a short sample of a problematic file to either http://streams.videolan.org/upload/ or to MirrorCreator.com or to EmbedUpload.com, so it will upload the file for you to several other hosts, and then post the link to the file here.
redownloaded vlc again... i think the 5th time now in a few days and did what you asked and posted it above. i hope this will find a solution because i downloaded another player and i feel like im cheating on vlc!!!!!
also im not sure if i mentioned but it seemed to play ok on normal screen size that pops up upon opening media file but when i go fullcreen or enlarge the window in any way it freezes my system.

on another note it even makes my mouse skip while i move it around my screen. skip may not be the right word. it jumpps missing areas likes its doing dubstep! lol (that ok to say since im 35????)

thanks again i really hope i can get this taken care of! :(

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 16 Jun 2012 12:21

also just in case i opened vlc player and set the verbosity to 2 again and then enlarged vlc player and opened media file and after 10 or so seconds i paused it and this is what was there. (if i let it keep playing it would keep adding more messages constantly) so i really REEEAAALLLLLLLLLYY hope this helps you to help me! if it is up and running im a man of very little money but i will make a donation to vlc for the use and for all the help! i feel bad having somone help me as a disabled person and im not able to give back something in return!

main debug: adding item `UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' ( file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi )
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
qt4 debug: Adding a new MRL to recent ones: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index -1
main debug: processing request item: UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi, node: null, skip: 0
main debug: resyncing on UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi
main debug: UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi is at 0
main debug: starting playback of the new playlist item
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB, in path 'C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp'
main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' gives access `file' demux `' path `/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.195 ms - Total 2.195 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.195 ms)
main debug: creating access 'file' location='/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi', path='C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)\UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: looking for access module: 3 candidates
filesystem debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)\UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi'
main debug: using access module "filesystem"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.031 ms - Total 2.031 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.031 ms)
main debug: Using stream method for AStream*
main debug: starting pre-buffering
main debug: received first data after 0 ms
main debug: pre-buffering done 1024 bytes in 0s - 10204 KiB/s
main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 4 candidates
main debug: no stream_filter module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.518 ms - Total 0.518 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.518 ms)
main debug: looking for stream_filter module: 1 candidate
main debug: using stream_filter module "stream_filter_record"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.277 ms - Total 0.277 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.277 ms)
main debug: looking for demux module: 55 candidates
avi debug: <list 'AVI '>
avi debug: <list 'hdrl'>
avi debug: </list 'hdrl'>
avi debug: <list 'INFO'>
avi debug: </list 'INFO'>
avi debug: skipping movi chunk
avi debug: </list 'AVI '>
avi debug: * LIST-root size:576935848 pos:0
avi debug: + RIFF-AVI size:576935840 pos:0
avi debug: | + LIST-hdrl size:306 pos:12
avi debug: | | + avih size:56 pos:24
avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:116 pos:88
avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:100
avi debug: | | | + strf size:40 pos:164
avi debug: | | + LIST-strl size:106 pos:212
avi debug: | | | + strh size:56 pos:224
avi debug: | | | + strf size:30 pos:288
avi debug: | + LIST-INFO size:28 pos:326
avi debug: | | + ISFT size:15 pos:338
avi debug: | + JUNK size:1666 pos:362
avi debug: | + LIST-movi size:573052964 pos:2036
avi debug: | + idx1 size:3880832 pos:573055008
avi debug: AVIH: 2 stream, flags HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED
avi debug: stream[0] rate:23976024 scale:1000000 samplesize:0
avi debug: stream[0] video(XVID) 624x352 24bpp 23.976024fps
main debug: selecting program id=0
avi debug: stream[1] rate:48000 scale:1152 samplesize:0
avi debug: stream[1] audio(0x55 - MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3) 2 channels 48000Hz 16bits
avi debug: selected standard index for stream[0]
avi debug: selected standard index for stream[1]
avi debug: stream[0] created 88592 index entries
avi debug: stream[1] created 153960 index entries
avi debug: stream[0] length:3695 (based on index)
avi debug: stream[1] length:3695 (based on index)
main debug: using demux module "avi"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 299.245 ms - Total 299.245 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 299.245 ms)
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\orrent\Game.of.thrones.S01.(1-5).hdtv.xvid-fqm.(UsaBit.com)
main debug: no fetch required for (null) (art currently (null))
qt4 debug: IM: Setting an input
avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 0x360a64)
avcodec debug: trying to use direct rendering
avcodec debug: allowing 3 thread(s) for decoding
avcodec debug: ffmpeg codec (MPEG-4 Video) started
avcodec debug: using frame thread mode with 3 threads
main debug: using decoder module "avcodec"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 225.653 ms - Total 225.653 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 225.653 ms)
main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.840 ms - Total 0.840 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.840 ms)
main debug: looking for meta reader module: 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\vlc\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac
main debug: no meta reader module matching "any" could be loaded
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 6.472 ms - Total 6.472 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 6.472 ms)
main debug: `file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/orrent/Game.of.thrones.S01.%281-5%29.hdtv.xvid-fqm.%28UsaBit.com%29/UsaBit.com_game.of.thrones.s01e01.hdtv.xvid-fqm.avi' successfully opened
main debug: Buffering 0%
main debug: Buffering 8%
mpeg_audio debug: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:128
main debug: Buffering 16%
main debug: creating audio output
main debug: Buffering 25%
main debug: Buffering 33%
main debug: Buffering 41%
main debug: Buffering 50%
main debug: Buffering 58%
main debug: Buffering 66%
main debug: Buffering 75%
main debug: Buffering 83%
main debug: Buffering 91%
main debug: looking for audio output module: 2 candidates
aout_directx debug: Opening DirectSound Audio Output
main debug: Buffering 100%
main debug: Stream buffering done (325 ms in 4 ms)
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 15.131 ms - Total 15.131 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 15.131 ms)
swscale debug: 32x32 chroma: YUVA -> 16x16 chroma: RGBA with scaling using Bicubic (good quality)
main debug: using video filter2 module "swscale"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 56.960 ms - Total 56.960 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 56.960 ms)
yuvp debug: YUVP to YUVA converter
main debug: using video filter2 module "yuvp"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 215.235 ms - Total 215.235 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 215.235 ms)
main debug: Deinterlacing available
main debug: deinterlace 0, mode blend, is_needed 0
main debug: Opening vout display wrapper
main debug: looking for vout display module: 6 candidates
direct3d debug: creating Vout EventThread
direct3d debug: DirectXCreateWindow
main debug: looking for vout window hwnd module: 2 candidates
qt4 debug: requesting video...
aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver
aout_directx debug: found device: IDT Audio
aout_directx debug: using device: IDT Audio
aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels (DEFAULT!)
aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel
aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread
main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 469.440 ms - Total 469.440 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 469.440 ms)
aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready
main debug: output 's16l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/4 bytes
main debug: mixer 'f32l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes
main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'s16l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
audio_format debug: f32l->s16l, bits per sample: 32->16
main debug: using audio filter module "audio_format"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 106.797 ms - Total 106.797 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 106.797 ms)
main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 2 candidates
main debug: using audio mixer module "float32_mixer"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 12.812 ms - Total 12.812 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 12.812 ms)
main debug: input 'mpga' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1152 samples/969 bytes
main debug: looking for audio filter module: 1 candidate
scaletempo debug: format: 48000 rate, 2 nch, 4 bps, fl32
scaletempo debug: params: 30 stride, 0.200 overlap, 14 search
scaletempo debug: 1.000 scale, 1440.000 stride_in, 1440 stride_out, 1152 standing, 288 overlap, 672 search, 2400 queue, fl32 mode
main debug: using audio filter module "scaletempo"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 9.486 ms - Total 9.486 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 9.486 ms)
main debug: filter(s) 'mpga'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
mpgatofixed32 debug: mpga->f32l, bits per sample: 32
main debug: using audio filter module "mpgatofixed32"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.470 ms - Total 0.470 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.470 ms)
main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'f32l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: filter(s) 'f32l'->'f32l' 52800 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: using audio filter module "samplerate"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 0.645 ms - Total 0.645 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.645 ms)
main debug: End of audio preroll
qt4 debug: Video was requested 0, 0
main debug: using vout window hwnd module "qt4"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 292.434 ms - Total 292.434 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 292.434 ms)
direct3d debug: created video sub-window
direct3d debug: Vout EventThread running
direct3d debug: disabling screen saver
main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 632x379 window
direct3d warning: trying surface pixel format: YV12
direct3d debug: selected surface pixel format is YV12
direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for minification
direct3d debug: Using D3DTEXF_LINEAR for magnification
direct3d debug: Direct3D scene created successfully
direct3d debug: Direct3D device adapter successfully initialized
main debug: using vout display module "direct3d"
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 425.556 ms - Total 425.556 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 425.556 ms)
main debug: original format sz 624x352, of (0,0), vsz 624x352, 4cc I420, sar 1:1, msk r0x0 g0x0 b0x0
main debug: removing module "freetype"
main debug: VoutDisplayEvent 'resize' 1024x651 window
main debug: TIMER module_need() : 2.983 ms - Total 2.983 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.983 ms)
avcodec debug: using direct rendering
main debug: End of video preroll
main debug: Received first picture
direct3d debug: Created 861x38 texture for OSD
main debug: Post-processing available
main debug: Decoder buffering done in 12494 ms
main warning: PTS is out of range (-9954), dropping buffer
main warning: PTS is out of range (-33883), dropping buffer
mpgatofixed32 debug: libmad error: bad main_data_begin pointer
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 97 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 55 ms)
main debug: picture might be displayed late (missing 13 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 35 ms)
main debug: picture might be displayed late (missing 5 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 31 ms)
main debug: picture might be displayed late (missing 18 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 48 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 77 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 35 ms)

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 16 Jun 2012 16:01

also i had been using it quite a bit to convert files from flv to mp3 lately (since i forgot to upgrade the player for a few years lol i was so happy it was so easy and thought i was in pc heaven)! i just tried it again and it caused my vlc to crash and asked if i wanted to send error report to vlc team or something of the sort. i pressed no because im not surewhat to do

but want you to know that so far ive tried playing many files and .flac plays fine. .m4a plays fine and shows the cd cover as well as .mp3 and it too shows cd cover image. but if i play them and use a visualization for screen image rather than the cd cover or the vlc cone it doesnt play the files.

once again just trying to give you all the info i can to make it easier....(btw potplayer sucks bad!!!! but works for basics for now. but until i get vlc to work again i will feel like if lost an ex that i wish i could get back!)

Chrisi22
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Chrisi22 » 16 Jun 2012 20:10

mattaconda,

You don't appear to have uploaded a short clip from the problem files to one of the upload sites mentioned, then posted the LINK TO THAT FILE here. Experienced users will want to play a bit of it on their players & look at its data.
It would help others reading your posts, if you could use shorter sentences & some punctuation, like periods. Not being mean - just a bit hard to follow sentences that all run together.

I don't think there's any point in d/l & reinstalling VLC again - that probably isn't the issue. Obviously, these are downloaded torrent files. Sometimes, downloaded torrents are corrupted, have incorrect metadata, etc. For now, we'll assume that's not the case, as you say other players will play them.
Which bittorrent client are you using & is it the most recent version?

If other video players will play the problem files (same ones that don't play on VLC), VLC probably can too, but may need settings changes or possibly a plugin.

I'm no expert, but from your debug log:
Seems it can't find an "access demux module" for this file. I don't know to remedy that or its importance, but it's probably part of the problem. Others can probably comment.

It appears format of this movie is AVI. Start the movie, then can hit pause. Click Tools/Codec Information.
In Video section, report back ALL the info, such as Codec:, Decoded Format:, etc.
If it doesn't show the codec or decoded format, that's bad for VLC. Probably would indicate either the file doesn't contain that data so VLC can read it, or possibly ones VLC can't handle (or some setting in VLC needs to be changed).
Also, any data under the Statistics tab - values of lost frames (it may be blank).
Under Input / Read: Discarded or Dropped values

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 16 Jun 2012 22:45

Wait for VLC 2.0.2

Chrisi22
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Chrisi22 » 16 Jun 2012 23:12

With all due respect VLC_help, I think waiting for v2.0.2 is wishful thinking to solve a problem dealing w/ a relatively complex situation as using DVD shrink, converting to ISO files. I imagine if VLC won't play these but other players will (as occasionally happens), it may require settings changes, some plugin, installing some codec that VLC doesn't contain...

Not saying his is same as problems I've had in past, but on some issues, if I'd waited til a new release fixed the problem (just because it was a new release), I'd have waited forever. The problems were in default settings of VLC that had to be changed, not a fix or change in a new version.

There weren't any detailed "how to" articles or help files that gave me explicit steps - sometimes just had to play around. Obviously, some issues are much more complex to solve, if they can be.

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 17 Jun 2012 12:54

@Chrisi22

Im sorry for the grammar issues. I don't have proper use of my hands due to multiple spine issues and head trauma from my life in wrestling, stunt work, and martial arts in the past. So I usually cant remember what I was wanting to type (unless I type it as quickly as I can with the one hand that still works.) and is rather painful to type it out as well. I'm sorry. And while those issues come into play feel no sorrow for me because I did it to myself and yet still remain to have growth in intelligence of certain things, It seems Ive lost the ability to do certain functions of basics like spelling and punctuation combined with difficulty of typing with giant fingers (Im like a 6ft 7in 280lb bed ridden Stephen Hawking with autism but not his money to help assist him in creating devices to ease life a little).

(for instance this just took me 20 minutes to type and i cant even remember what you posted until I scroll up after this and look again, and im no genius with computers in any way other than very little knowledge i have had friends help me with so i dont have to sit and look at the ceiling all day)

So all I will try to answer the questions i could understand that you asked of me, bbut please be patient and understanding for i dont have the abilities i once did.

I use Utorrent and have the most updated data. Ive used Utorrent for the past 3 years as well as the vlc player. where i think i actually used an old old old version of VLC (like 1.0.3(?) or something) and never updated it until a month ago to the most recent version and then when i did i thought i was in heaven and uninstalled all the stupid converters i had and found this thing of the media gods that could change the formats or play everything!!

so when i would use mozilla add on to get a video on youtube that had audio frequency sounds to be used to help heal my mind and body. or to help me sleep or grow my brain (dont know how else to put it right now im in agony and not thinking well.) with stereo base hertz sounds and frequencies. i could make it into and mpss file and listen to it on my mp3 player when going to hospital or while sleeping at night!

basically in the past 1-2 months all that has changed on my netbook has been these facts....
1) I updated my vlc player from one of the really older versions from 3 years ago to the most current.
2) I have renewed my subscription to my anti-virus software and upgraded it to a stronger version
3) I have uninstalled all the format changing freeware that i had to use to play certain video files that wouldnt play on my older vlc player

im sorry but im really in so much pain and brain is overloaded. ive been typing this for over an hour now.

i just want my vlc player to work on videos and not just audio files!

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 17 Jun 2012 12:57

Wait for VLC 2.0.2
Will this correct the issue and when will this version be released? it seems the only time i have issues on my computer is when i have updated things. Thank you.

mattaconda
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mattaconda » 17 Jun 2012 13:05

can a guy just watch workaholics in peace before he goes to an early grave???? lol im morbidly funny but i wear my problems like a badge of pride!

I am willing to trade out a newer computer tower that is more compliant to let me have some entertainment while living in this bed in exchange ill let you break a few of my toes since i cant feel them! lol. (how many times in life do you get that opportunity?)

i just want to be entertained as we all do. and since this problem with the player its been rather boring watching my bag fill with poop next to my bed!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”