Blu-Ray playing

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
gdaymate
New Cone
New Cone

Blu-Ray playing

Postby gdaymate » 20 Dec 2009 13:57

How do you play Blu-Ray files? There's about 10 different folders created when you rip it to HD. Which one do you need to try and open with the Folder command?
I don't know if you can create an ISO from a Blu-Ray disk, but if you can, can VLC play Blu-Ray iso's?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Blu-Ray playing

Postby VLC_help » 20 Dec 2009 17:42

Open the largest m2ts file which is located in BDMV\STREAM folder.

gdaymate
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gdaymate » 31 Dec 2009 13:06

Thanks, that worked.
But now I've used DVD Fab 6 to create an ISO from a Blu Ray DVD, and the screen just fills with funny coloured pixels and nothing else happens. I tried it with 3 different ISOs, and the results were all similar (one of them, Blade Runner, opened 3 windows with titles mentioning '3D'). Does VLAN support Blu Ray ISOs?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 31 Dec 2009 18:02

Does VLAN support Blu Ray ISOs?
I would guess no.

ectospasm
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ectospasm » 30 May 2011 09:30

Open the largest m2ts file which is located in BDMV\STREAM folder.
This works for most Blu Ray discs I've come across, but not for one. I've ripped all of my BD movies to ISO using SlySoft's AnyDVD HD software, and the disc Inception has many *.m2ts files in BDMV/STREAM, none of which are feature length (the film seems to be distributed across all/most of the files in this directory).

It'd be nice if VLC could play .mpls playlist files, so films like this can be played in their entirety. Note I'm using VLC on Linux, and it can read most Blu Ray I've come across (but no menus yet).

EDIT: I read elsewhere on this forum that the BDMV folder can be opened directly by VLC, and it plays the feature properly (thus far, still watching/testing). After further watching, it plays everything in the directory, including film documentary ("making of...") stuff I don't want to see when I'm watching the movie.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”