Recorded .asf is not seekable

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Northern star
New Cone
New Cone

Recorded .asf is not seekable

Postby Northern star » 17 Sep 2010 11:29

Hi everybody!

I have met following problem. I wanted to record some media from my capture card. I used Media->Streaming->Capture Device->new destination File(Transcoding ASF (wmv+wma)). For some month it was ok with this way, from about last month file can be written that way that is not seekable.

Also when I press final "Stream" button recording is on and and when I press square "Stop" button that means that VLC is not recording any more. Well I expected that if will press triangle "Play" button one more time it will start recording to same file and the previous recording would be erased. Insted that I have to start all procedure for new (Media->Streaming->Capture Device...), becouse VLC do not record nothing in this file, and, I would erase file then new one is not created - Ihave to start another VLC copy. Is this normal?

Thanks for advance!

Northern star
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Recorded .asf is not seekable

Postby Northern star » 20 Sep 2010 12:24

Problem with non seekable file have been resolved. Looks like it was just bug which fixed by itself somehow.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”