Can VLC player resize video in full screen mode?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
lordsatan
New Cone
New Cone

Can VLC player resize video in full screen mode?

Postby lordsatan » 25 Jul 2010 08:27

Can VLC player resize video in full screen mode ...and in small increments? I cannot find that option.

My favorite other favorite player is MV2Player especially for that amazing feature. When in full screen mode, you simply roll the scroll wheel and the video resized. You can zoom in to an eyeball or shrink to postage stamp size.

It is extremely useful when watching a divx that is not sharp enough. I just shrink the video with a few scroll wheel rolls until it's sharp enough.

I am not talking about simply grabbing the corner and resizing the video or resizing in large increments (1/4, 1/2, etc...)
That sucks and is not the same thing.

thanx

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Can VLC player resize video in full screen mode?

Postby VLC_help » 25 Jul 2010 22:20

You can zoom video by specific factor via Preferences, but hotkeys only have predefined values.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Can VLC player resize video in full screen mode?

Postby erwan10 » 25 Jul 2010 23:54

What about the 'o' hotkey to toggle to original size in fulscreen mode, then alt-'o' and alt-shift-'o' to increase/decrease the size of the image (by a 10% step). Zooming spans from .2x to 10x

Erwan10

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”