Good lord PLEASE fix the wont-shut-down bug

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
c3bhm
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Good lord PLEASE fix the wont-shut-down bug

Postby c3bhm » 22 Jul 2010 06:33

NUMEROUS people have complained recently about VLC not shutting down properly. If I finish watching a video file, then close VLC, then try to delete the file, I am not able to because VLC is still running. Lo and behold, there's the little icon in the system tray. Sometimes it shuts down properly, sometimes it takes 5 or 10 seconds to shut down, and sometimes it just sits there not shutting down at all. Annoying as hell.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO *F*I*X* THIS?!? Especially after people have been complaining about it for at least a month - BEFORE 1.1.1 came out. Here's 1.1.1, now, and yet NO FIX.

Life has enough stress in it from niggling little b.s. problems - so it sucks to have these little 'mosquito bites' from a simple program that shouldn't have them in the first place, let alone not have the problem addressed in the latest bug-fix...jeeez.

I've always appreciated VLC, but COME ON!

play_me
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Good lord PLEASE fix the wont-shut-down bug

Postby play_me » 22 Jul 2010 06:46

Don't know if this might help but I noticed when playing an MP3 and when the player finished the MP3 file all the way to its end, and if I want to delete the file it can't be done because VLC didn't release the hold on the file, so I have to click on the stop button even if the file has come to its end before I could delete or change file name, try if that might help?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”