Problems since updating to 1.1.0

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Wynthyst
New Cone
New Cone

Problems since updating to 1.1.0

Postby Wynthyst » 19 Jul 2010 10:53

Since I updated VLC to v1.1.0, I have experienced a couple problems when using it in a dual screen environment.

1. It stops responding when moving from one selection to another in the playlist. This is a really annoying thing. I like to load up several hours worth of video on my playlist to run while I am doing other things. Now, I can only load one video at a time, or I have to end the vlc process in my system (it won't close properly otherwise) and restart the program.

2. rather than reverting to a small window at the end of playback, it remains large (not fullscreened, as the menus, etc are available). While this is not so much a problem, it's behavior that deviates from prior behavior.

If anyone has any ideas on how to solve these issues, (especially the 1st one), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

(System stats: Pentium D 2.66 GHz, 2 GB ram, XP Professional SP3, NVidia GeForce 8400GS)

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Problems since updating to 1.1.0

Postby VLC_help » 19 Jul 2010 12:12

1. Happens with all video output modules?
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-1.1 ... _output.3F

Wynthyst
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Wynthyst » 19 Jul 2010 15:31

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the video output, it's the entire program crashes.

I did see another thread of the same problem with audio files viewtopic.php?f=14&t=79574

There doesn't seem to be a solution there either.

Wynthyst
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Wynthyst » 20 Jul 2010 12:13

The behavior continues in all video output modules.

I have tried all different settings (took me hours), and I can't get it to play more than a single file.

I'm at the point of uninstalling and finding a different media player, because this is just too annoying. Also, looking through the forum, it seems this version has numerous problems and few solutions.

Railic
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Railic » 20 Jul 2010 18:33

I had that same issue, and more, with 1.1.0. I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling 1.0.5. Not a single crash since.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”