Default Window size?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
coren
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Default Window size?

Postby coren » 12 Jul 2010 09:57

So on previous versions of VLC I checked some option somewhere that had VLC both keep my window size static between videos on playlists and in each new instance that I opened (and if I resized a window, that would be the new size that was remembered). I upgraded to 1.1.0 and now I can't for the life of me figure out what I should check. I've seen a post about unchecking resizing to video interface size but it also requires setting the control display mode (which I can't find). Suggestions (or maybe a hint as to where that control option is?)

coren
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Default Window size?

Postby coren » 12 Jul 2010 10:32

Nevermind - on 1.1.0 if you uncheck the option to "resize interface to video size" it defaults to a non-viewable video window, but then remembers user determined settings afterwords. That's what was throwing me - if it did that on the previous version I'm not aware of it. Oh well, hope that helps someone else, I feel like an idiot :oops:

ebohatch
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Default Window size?

Postby ebohatch » 12 Jul 2010 17:05

Thanks, I have been trying to get this resolved for a while. and no it didn't do that in the previous versions, once you set it then the size remained fixed/static from the start. AND you are not an idiot.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”