Can't recognize subtitles

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
RES
New Cone
New Cone

Can't recognize subtitles

Postby RES » 23 Jun 2010 07:31

Hey, I'm using VLC for a long time.

I made format the computer yesterday, using Windows Vista Ultimate 64x as always.

In order VLC can "read" an str file for example, the system locale must change to the language of my choice. So I did it like the other times I made format, but the program still can't recognize the language, showing weird letters. That happened again when I was trying to play a video with subtitles at the first times using an str file but by changing the system locale it was fixed, but now it doesn't work. I made an other format and is still the same. The thing is that if I open the subtitle file I can read normal the language but if I play the video no. I tried an other player and... It works ok (BS Player, with some codecs that it recommended me), but I don't want to use that.

Damien
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Can't recognize subtitles

Postby Damien » 23 Jun 2010 10:52

Go to tools--->preferences---->subtitles & OSD and choose your language in the default encoding option.

RES
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Can't recognize subtitles

Postby RES » 23 Jun 2010 15:48

Bless you.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”