Can I increase the size/resolution of screenshots?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
zerocontrast
New Cone
New Cone

Can I increase the size/resolution of screenshots?

Postby zerocontrast » 05 Jun 2010 06:53

I searched the forums several times and I was not able to find if someone had posted this question already. I am using Windows XP and have VLC version 1.0.5. I love the screenshot option, but I really want a way to increase the size of the screenshots. Is there any way to do this? Thank you sooo much to anyone able to help.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Can I increase the size/resolution of screenshots?

Postby VLC_help » 05 Jun 2010 15:33

Tools -> Preferences... (show settings: All) Video and Video snapshot width and height

zerocontrast
New Cone
New Cone

Postby zerocontrast » 05 Jun 2010 20:01

I have tried changing these settings, but with no luck. Some values I try substituting cause empty screenshots. Essentially I am hoping to get a screenshot that is the size and resolution of what I see when watching a full screen movie. (I realize this can be done with Windows itself, but of course Windows is limited to doing only one snapshot at a time rather than numerous snapshots in quick succession like VLC allows.) What would be an Ideal value for the snapshot width and height to get the size I'm looking for?

zerocontrast
New Cone
New Cone

Postby zerocontrast » 05 Jun 2010 22:46

Well I figured it out on my own, it had thrown me off that the initial values were -1 for the width and height, so I was assuming the dimensions were going by some sort of ratio. I decided to enter what should be the resolution/pixel values for my monitor (mine is 1280x800) and now I have decent sized snapshots. Also choosing png instead of jpg does give a noticeably sharper snapshot.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”