Annoying Windows 7 Taskbar

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
nilum
New Cone
New Cone

Annoying Windows 7 Taskbar

Postby nilum » 28 Nov 2009 13:51

Why is it whenever I click any of the play controls in VLC while in fullscreen mode the Windows 7 Taskbar pops up and gets in the way?

I searched around and have tried messing with the compatability settings for VLC and nothing is working.

Is this problem going to be fixed soon?

unknownsoldierx
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Annoying Windows 7 Taskbar

Postby unknownsoldierx » 28 Nov 2009 23:58

It's been bothering me for a long time now. Very annoying.

Rcls
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Rcls » 29 Nov 2009 01:12

This is actually the only annoying feature I've encountered with VLC Lately. I moved from using BSplayer to this a while back, when the rendering in BSPlayer got in the way of DirectX10 and Aero themes.

Could the developers of VLC take a quick look at this and try fixing the problem. It was a huge deal for me to get the hovering play control bar in fullscreen, basically the only reason I moved to VLC, so it would be nice to see this 'problem' disappearing in future updates. Much appreciated, keep up the good work!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 30 Nov 2009 20:46

This is a bug in our widget library, we are investigating the issue, but it is a bit complex.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

sss
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sss » 01 Dec 2009 19:05

I believe this is related to the bug I have seen on my Windows 7 as well. I usually have the Volume Mixer open so that I can adjust the volume when necessary. Frequently I ran into the situation that all of a sudden that the Volume Mixer window turn black (just a windows with black background, like a black hole.) As the result, I could not change the volume. Usually I had to log out and log back in to get it back (for a short while and then it turned into black window again after working for a while.) It's so intermittent and repeatable. One day, when this happened again I accidentally quited vlc before logging off. All off a sudden, the Volume Mixer window came back! So I found a 'solution' to my problem. Also not only the vlc makes the Volume Mixer window turned black, it affects other windows as well. For example, my firefox windows and explorer windows can turn into empty windows with black frame until you click on them and then their contents show up.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”