Help with video capture device

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Fattonyabc123
New Cone
New Cone

Help with video capture device

Postby Fattonyabc123 » 21 Oct 2009 00:41

Im trying to get a game console playing on my computer, so i got a video capture card, the "Pinnacle DV/AV Capture" according to the vlc capture device screen. All im looking for is output into the vlc player, and ive been able to get this output in larger video editing programs capture sections, so i know the card works. how would i go about configuring this in vlc so that i can get some sort of video output? This is probably really easy, but i cant figure it out for the life of me, and ive spent a good 45 mins looking through the forums for a similar thread so if its out there idk where. please, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Help with video capture device

Postby VLC_help » 21 Oct 2009 14:47

Media -> Open Capture Device... and the Video device name dropdown list should contain the Pinnacle if VLC supports it.

doomonyou
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Help with video capture device

Postby doomonyou » 21 Oct 2009 20:23

And set the video and audio input pins to 1 for composite, 2 for s-video, and I think 3 is component. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. If the device is USB based there will be an audio device from the Pinnacle card. Select that or you wont get sound.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”