deinterlacing options

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
cybmole
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

deinterlacing options

Postby cybmole » 17 Sep 2009 12:36

I note that VLC default is to disable thsi & that there is not a lot of help in FAQ etc on how to choose the best option. ( PowerDVd7 on the other hand, defaults to having this Enabled)

is this because for most file types the VLC options have no effect, - for playback on a flat screen monitor connected via DVI or HDMI ?

I mostly watch DVD rips ( .avi format), occasionally I watch (PAL) DVDs. so I need to even know about deinterlacing ?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: deinterlacing options

Postby VLC_help » 17 Sep 2009 16:25

You don't need deinterlacing with most DVD or AVI files because they are progressive most of time. DV AVI is one exception where you want to enable deinterlace.

amsterdampaul
New Cone
New Cone

Postby amsterdampaul » 18 Sep 2009 09:22

Im playing a Television news stream so its coming interlaced and the ticker on the bottom of the screen is unreadable, once I put deinterlace=discard on the picture becomes much better and the ticker readable...

It seems that VLC ignores this setting, although the documentation says its a valid setting

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 18 Sep 2009 19:42

It seems that VLC ignores this setting, although the documentation says its a valid setting
?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”