I want VLC to start maximized

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Trond
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

I want VLC to start maximized

Postby Trond » 25 Jul 2009 23:17

Every time I start a file I want VLC to start maximized, not full screen, but maximized.

How?

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Re: I want VLC to start maximized

Postby Arite » 26 Jul 2009 01:02

You can't get VLC to start VLC maximised. However if you go to:
Tools >> Preferences >> (Select "All" for "Show settings") >> Interface >> Main interfaces >> Qt

Untick "Resize interface to the native video size" and press "Save", then the next time you open VLC the interface size will be stored. So, after disabling the resizing interface bit, close VLC, open it up, maximise it, close it again, and then open VLC again it should be the same size as when maximised. It probably won't be in the right position, but if you then move it to the right place, and close and open VLC again it should be pretty much maximised. It probably won't be perfectly alligned with the edges of the screen etc., but at least it will be the right kind of size/position.

Cheers, Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

FuzziMcGee
New Cone
New Cone

Re: I want VLC to start maximized

Postby FuzziMcGee » 04 Dec 2009 22:37

It does work this way, but somehow it is not that satisfying. You still have to doubleklick the top bar to really get the windows maximised.

Is there really no other way to start vlc maximised? I mean, it is possible with almost every other videoplayer.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”