MTS Format: Video Freezes, Audio Plays

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Piyono
New Cone
New Cone

MTS Format: Video Freezes, Audio Plays

Postby Piyono » 13 Jul 2009 10:08

I just tried, for the first time ever, to play MTS video using VLC .9.x and now 1.x.
I tried the two MTS files available here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panason ... page19.asp

On my machine they play through their entire duration, but video gets stuck after the first few frames, freezing the last drawn frame on screen while the audio continues playing underneath.
On the concert footage clip the video kicks in again with artifacts for the last half-second or so.
With both clips, if I drop the transport bar's 'playhead' cursor onto a point on the timeline past the freeze, VLC shows the frame that point. It says "Buffering" in the status bar before drawing the screen.
Also with both clips the duration on the status bar shows 00:00:00.

My machine (running Windows XP Pro SP3) is reasonably contemporary and has never had any trouble playing back full-HD content.

Any ideas?

Piyono

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: MTS Format: Video Freezes, Audio Plays

Postby VLC_help » 13 Jul 2009 13:35

Piyono
New Cone
New Cone

Re: MTS Format: Video Freezes, Audio Plays

Postby Piyono » 16 Jul 2009 12:04

Gaw-lee!
I don't know what the loop filter is or does, but that seems to have done the trick!

Much obliged,

Piyono

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”