Compiling VLC - Win32CompileMSYSNew

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
sourceholder
New Cone
New Cone

Compiling VLC - Win32CompileMSYSNew

Postby sourceholder » 29 Jun 2009 03:33

Hey there,

I am trying to compile VLC on my Windows machine using this VLC guide: http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32CompileMSYS

The guide seems to fly over many steps, so please bear with me as I may ask some silly questions.

I am currently stuck at step "Configure", second to last one on the guide. When I run the command: "sh extras/package/win32/configure-msys.sh" at the MINGW32 window when inside the "/c/vlc/" directory, I get the following error message:

User@WindowsUser /c/vlc (master)
$ sh extras/package/win32/configure-msys.sh
./extras/package/win32/configure-common.sh: line 2: ./configure: No such file or
directory

It appears to be unhappy with line 2 of "configure-common.sh". Upon furthur examination, here is what line 2 states: " --without-contrib \".

Has anyone else expierenced the same or similar problem? Does anyone have a link to a better, more "idiot proof" guide to compiling VLC?

hobbitten
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Compiling VLC - Win32CompileMSYSNew

Postby hobbitten » 29 Jun 2009 15:43

You should be in \c\VLC\vlc. BTW ... the instructions are now completely changed.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”