VLC Mosaic problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
bILS
New Cone
New Cone

VLC Mosaic problem

Postby bILS » 17 Mar 2009 23:54

Hi guys,

I'm totally new to VLC, but have figured out that it could do a mosaic out of some network inputs.
So, my goal would be to take several IP multicasts on the input of a PC (MPEG2TS streams encoded with H264 on 2,3MBit video), and transcode them alltogether to have a mosaic multicast on the output, created of all those channels.
So, VLC would have to scale the images (originally D1) into something smaller, and put them all together in the same TS. Hopefully this can be done. :)

I have read the Mosaic wiki on http://wiki.videolan.org/Mosaic, but have had some problems with it.

I was following the procedure described below, but hadn't had much success with it.
I also found some tutorial on TSReader site on how to do it, just with a vlm file attatched, and a RunMosaic program.
The vlm file is pretty much similar as this one on VLCwiki, it looks like this:

new channel1 broadcast enabled
setup channel1 input udp://@224.1.1.1:3001
setup channel1 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=1,height=240,width=320},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=1},select=audio}

new channel2 broadcast enabled
setup channel2 input udp://@127.0.0.1:1235
setup channel2 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=2,height=240,width=320},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=2},select=audio}

new channel3 broadcast enabled
setup channel3 input udp://@127.0.0.1:1236
setup channel3 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=3,height=240,width=320},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=3},select=audio}

new channel4 broadcast enabled
setup channel4 input udp://@127.0.0.1:1237
setup channel4 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=4,height=240,width=320},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=4},select=audio}

new background broadcast enabled
setup background input fake:
setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp2v,vb=5000,scale=1}:bridge-in{delay=400,id-offset=100}:standard{access=http,mux=ts,url=:1235}

control background play
control channel1 play
control channel2 play
control channel3 play
control channel4 play

I just changed the input addresses to the multicasts available to me (224.1.1.x)

..and I'm starting the RunMosaic script from Command prompt saying:

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC>C:\Progra~1\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe --color -I telnet
--vlm-conf mosaic.vlm --ttl 12 --fake-file mosaic.png --fake-aspect-ratio "4:3"
--mosaic-width 640 --mosaic-height 480 --udp-caching 800 --mosaic-keep-picture
--mosaic-rows 2 --mosaic-cols 2 --mosaic-position 1 --mosaic-order 1,2,3,4

So, after this I see that my network card is joining all the multicasts, but I don't see anything on the output of it. Do I need to setuo anything else on the config file, as in background dst or similar?

If somebody could help me with this, I'd be extremely grateful..my eyes are falling off from the wiki already..:)

Thanks to all, cheers.

bILS

aijaz
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC Mosaic problem

Postby aijaz » 25 Mar 2009 05:31

Modify the command for local display
setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp2v,vb=4000,scale=1}:bridge-in{delay=100,id-offset=100}:duplicate{dst=display}

or to stream out, modify accordingly

setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp2v,vb=2000,scale=1}:bridge-in{delay=400,id-offset=100}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=standard{access=udp,mux=ts,url=225.1.1.100:1234,sap,name="mosaic1"}}

aijaz
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC Mosaic problem

Postby aijaz » 25 Mar 2009 05:32

Modify the command for local display
setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp2v,vb=4000,scale=1}:bridge-in{delay=100,id-offset=100}:duplicate{dst=display}

or to stream out, modify accordingly

setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp2v,vb=2000,scale=1}:bridge-in{delay=400,id-offset=100}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=standard{access=udp,mux=ts,url=225.1.1.100:1234,sap,name="mosaic1"}}

good luck

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”