Desktop Link to RTSP stream

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
simoncieffe
New Cone
New Cone

Desktop Link to RTSP stream

Postby simoncieffe » 23 Mar 2009 17:00

Hey,

I would like to create a link on my desktop to an RTSP stream (type "rtsp://admin:adminmin@Ipadress/video1enc1.sdp").
When I dubbleclick the link, VLC should open automatically, and video should appear.
Is this possible? I searched lots of forums to solve this issue, but for the moment I can't find any solution for my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Desktop Link to RTSP stream

Postby VLC_help » 24 Mar 2009 17:10

There are few options. Either associate some file format for VLC then paste the URL inside the file and save it. So for example associate .vlc with VLC.exe and then create something.vlc file, and paste rtsp://admin:adminmin@Ipadress/video1enc1.sdp inside it and save it.

Other option is to create .bat shortcut that opens c:\something\vlc.exe rtsp://admin:adminmin@Ipadress/video1enc1.sdp

Guppy49
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Guppy49 » 24 Mar 2009 19:16

Renaming a text file to an extension associated with VLC works well - this is the case even if the content is not with the same extension. E.g. if a *.avi inside a file named video.ts
The content can be anything that can open with VLC. Edit by renaming to *.txt or right click 'open with' notepad or other editor.
I guess VLC takes the decision once tasting what's inside.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 25 Mar 2009 15:34

I guess VLC takes the decision once tasting what's inside.
Yep.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”