Trouble with streaming

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
jodar
New Cone
New Cone

Trouble with streaming

Postby jodar » 28 Feb 2009 18:22

Alright, I'm trying to get a VLC setup to stream from my webcam (on a Windows XP box) to a linux box in the bedroom using Ubuntu 8.10.

When I pull up VLC on Windows, if I choose to open capture device and select my webcam, then select Play, it looks great. Perfect feed.

If I choose to stream and select Play locally along with any other option (I've tried HTTP and RTP/UDP) the video is all garbled both locally and on the linux box. It doesn't seem to matter what I choose for encapsulation or video codec.

Any advice?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Trouble with streaming

Postby VLC_help » 01 Mar 2009 16:19

Does it help if you increase the video encoder bitrate?

tomno399
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tomno399 » 01 Mar 2009 19:25

Sorry, english is not my nativ language. I use Vista, 16000 DSL and new the VLC 0.9.8a (before I had an older version). Since I use the newest I have problems with getting public tv streams from the german tv. The tv-receive in the VLC freeze after round about 1 till 2 minutes. After a new start of VLC it needs also only 1 - 2 minutes and it's stopped again. With the older VLC it runs very good.
Thanks for all help, Thomas

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 03 Mar 2009 15:10

tomno399: please, start a new thread if you have new issue that is not related to this thread. Can you give URL to your problematic stream?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”