"Google Camera Adapter 0" error

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
jgilmore
New Cone
New Cone

"Google Camera Adapter 0" error

Postby jgilmore » 08 Jan 2009 00:30

I get the following error when I try to stream via http from a webcam:

Capturing failed:
VLC cannot use the device "Google Camera Adapter 0", because its type is not supported.

"Google camera adapter 0" shows up on my list of video devices but I always select "USB Video Device". I recently downloaded a google driver to use their gchat/video feature with a different webcam. I have been able to stream using 0.8.6 (for the last year as well as this morning) but I just downloaded 0.9.8a and am now unable to stream. I tried searching for a way to uninstall the google drivers but couldn't find anything.

Any ideas to what the problem is or how to fix it? The new UI/configuration looks awesome and I would hate to have to go back. Thanks!

tckitty
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: "Google Camera Adapter 0" error

Postby tckitty » 08 Jan 2009 03:05

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 08 Jan 2009 17:12

VLC 0.9.x QT4 interface parses DirectShow devicenames incorrectly if they have whitespaces. Starting playback/capture from command-line or from .bat file should work.

tckitty
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tckitty » 09 Jan 2009 01:43

Thank you so much! I use HTTP to stream and it works now. Below is my command in case someone needs it.

vlc -vvv dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Laptop Integrated Webcam" :dshow-adev="" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=800,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ts,dst=[address]:[port]}}

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”