Can I convert itunes audio to mp3?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
magnoliasouth
New Cone
New Cone

Can I convert itunes audio to mp3?

Postby magnoliasouth » 25 Dec 2008 10:57

Pardon me if this has an obvious answer, but I've searched everything (FAQ, Wiki, forum) and the closest thing I have come up with is this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52707. The problem with that post is that the answer to #1 was never fully answered. Someone explained how to convert wma (and I don't even see where the original poster even asked about wma), but not m4a... which I understand is the itunes file.

Surely there is a way with VLC? If not, can someone recommend something I can use to do so? I found this http://itunesm4ptomp3.wordpress.com/200 ... tuneclone/ suggestion, but I'm not sure if I can trust that. Are there any other suggestions?

To explain why I need to do this... My daughter was mugged and her ipod was in her purse. I bought a new mp3 player for Christmas, but not an ipod. I didn't realize what a headache this was going to turn out to be. Frankly I'm pretty angry with itunes for the audacity to make it so difficult. I surely will never buy another ipod after this mess.

Any help is appreciated.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Can I convert itunes audio to mp3?

Postby VLC_help » 25 Dec 2008 20:16

If you mean DRM protected songs that you have bought from iTunes, then I don't think VLC will help you. If you have bough DRM free songs from iTunes, then VLC should work. Profile MP3 should work, but there are much better batch encoders for the job, if you want to convert multiple AAC/M4A songs to MP3.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”