Issues with current Release on Windows

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Issues with current Release on Windows

Postby VLC_help » 08 Nov 2008 15:14

oatbiscuit, it is very very hard to fix issue, if those cannot be replicated by devs.

minhtri_595, I don't think that will be fixed before 1.0.0 stable

jqdwd, I get many

Code: Select all

main warning: buffer is 40205 late, triggering upsampling main warning: resampling stopped after 326000 usec (drift: -19570) main warning: buffer is 40160 late, triggering upsampling main warning: resampling stopped after 152000 usec (drift: -22835) main warning: buffer is 40160 late, triggering upsampling main warning: resampling stopped after 702000 usec (drift: -25058)
messages, but no freezing.

Ant1234
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Ant1234 » 08 Nov 2008 21:01

Is the current version at the moment .94? As i see .96 on the site and just wanted to be sure.

oatbiscuit
New Cone
New Cone

Postby oatbiscuit » 09 Nov 2008 03:53

oatbiscuit, it is very very hard to fix issue, if those cannot be replicated by devs.
Fair enough. As the earlier version doesn't do it, I'll stick with that. Thanks for your help.

lestbest
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lestbest » 10 Nov 2008 20:01

VLC crashes on opening .flv files.

Version: 0.9.6.99 on Win XP SP3

Error signature:
AppName: vlc.exe AppVer: 0.9.6.99 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512 Offset: 00036fa3

It crashes on files the previous version played without problems. I was actually watching the first part of a .flv file and was planning to watch the rest after updating. But it crashes and wants to send a report to Microsoft every time I try to open a flash file.

kdd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kdd » 11 Nov 2008 01:17

[quote="Harl"]I also noticed VLC is unable to open/play DVD folder stored on hard drive. Can someone confirm this? It works with 0.8.6 version.

i am also having this problem. vlc 0.9.6 stops responding when trying to open a folder. it will play a disk, but will not open the folder. this feature worked in 0.9.2. is there a repository where i can get 0.9.2 until this issue is resolved?

razzmatazman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby razzmatazman » 11 Nov 2008 06:06

Is it just me or is VLC getting more and more non user friendly with each new release.
While VLC is just too good a player, the new vers are not real good.

Very Irritating bug in the VLC 9.x series so far, continues even in 0.9.6
Occurs only If video is played separately from the main interface (Settings..Interface...Integrate Video in Interface option unticked)
If video is played full screen and then full screen mode exited it just maximizes the video window, and not returning it to the original size like it should.

Same thing also occurs if any skin is used that does not have video integrated with main interface.

Looks like ill have to continue using the older 0.8.x versions :(

Fred Smythe
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Fred Smythe » 11 Nov 2008 08:58

VLC crashes on opening .flv files.

Version: 0.9.6.99 on Win XP SP3

Error signature:
AppName: vlc.exe AppVer: 0.9.6.99 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.5512 Offset: 00036fa3

It crashes on files the previous version played without problems. I was actually watching the first part of a .flv file and was planning to watch the rest after updating. But it crashes and wants to send a report to Microsoft every time I try to open a flash file.
Seconded on Vista Premium SP1. This was following a Flash update as well, so I wonder if maybe that's part of the problem? At any rate, it's really annoying.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 11 Nov 2008 12:24

Fred Smythe and lestbest, nightlies should have working FLV decoding. And VLC doesn't use any Adobes components, so updating Flash player has no effect to VLC or vice versa.
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/latest/

kdd: Media -> Open Disc works fine in here using 0.9.6, you can find earlier versions from http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/

razzmatazman: that will hopefully be fixed in 1.0.0

Biong
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Biong » 11 Nov 2008 13:14

Hi!

I just bought a brand new PC and immediately downloaded this latest version of VLC. However, when I tried to watch some avi-files, the picture was blank while the sound kept on going. I tried to play a few different clips, but the problem was the same.

Could this problem stem from some kind of setting? Does anyone know?

cinfo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cinfo » 11 Nov 2008 13:53

Hi,

The telx module doesn't seem to be included in 0.9.6, all the --telx-*** keywords are missing (--telx-override-page for instance).

Bug or "new functionnality" ?

:)

Fred Smythe
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Fred Smythe » 11 Nov 2008 17:47

Fred Smythe and lestbest, nightlies should have working FLV decoding. And VLC doesn't use any Adobes components, so updating Flash player has no effect to VLC or vice versa.
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/latest/
I ended up discovering this. Thanks very much! :)

Siedrosat
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Siedrosat » 11 Nov 2008 19:11

Hi sorry for my bad english.

I have this problem whith vlc 0.9.4:
I downaload a avi video from the web and play it, now if i download a new avi this block the old file and jump on the new file.
With old vlc version 0.86i i download more file and they are enquee and play without jump on the new file.

Vlc Setting
Allow Only one instance
Enqueue file in playlist when in one instace mode
With the new version i have the idem issue.

rustyp
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rustyp » 11 Nov 2008 20:39

Soon as I upgraded to 0.9.6 it will no longer play FLV files...

How can I download a older version so I can continue to play FLV files?

Thanks in advance.

fpohl
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fpohl » 11 Nov 2008 21:44

I tracked down a strange bug in v0.9.6 subtitler:
if the second line begins with the character 'ö' (0x94) the whole second line is missing. See the following example:

570 00:24:49,010 --> 00:24:53,440 aztán megláthatom melyik önsanyargató csapattag adja meg magát,
Its space is left out, but the line beginning with önsanyargató isn't shown.

kdd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kdd » 12 Nov 2008 01:41

kdd: Media -> Open Disc works fine in here using 0.9.6, you can find earlier versions from http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/

razzmatazman: that will hopefully be fixed in 1.0.0[/quote]

thanks for the link. it took me a while, but i found 0.9.2 last night late. yes, open disc works in 0.9.4 and 0.9.6, but not open folder. i do hope that this issue is resolved in 1.0.0. i always recommend vlc to people i meet as a "multi-talented" media player. i appreciate the efforts for the windows port. btw, any luck on finding a windows developer so you can keep windows up with the current version of vlc?

oarking
New Cone
New Cone

Postby oarking » 12 Nov 2008 04:08

i can't drag media files to the playlist to add them anymore. i have to use the plus sign to add them.

same issue with the previous version but not the one before that is when i'm playing a file fully maximized and it goes to the next item in the playlist it reverts to the smaller size, but the button state still shows it being maximized.

running on vista.

tkapela
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tkapela » 12 Nov 2008 06:44

can't encode to mp2v on current windows version (0.9.6). see this post for more details: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52615

can anyone else confirm or refute this observation?

have tried on several XP systems, and vista systems - same results.

thanks,

-Tk

tkapela
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby tkapela » 12 Nov 2008 06:51

can't encode to mp2v on current windows version (0.9.6). see this post for more details: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52615

can anyone else confirm or refute this observation?

have tried on several XP systems, and vista systems - same results.

thanks,

-Tk
...just and update to this - downloaded and tried 0.9.7-git nightly a moment ago, results from the same test (mpeg2 HDV in, mpeg2v transcode target out):

main info: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface. qt4 debug: MRL passed to the Sout: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts qt4 debug: Sout mrl :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=2000,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\transcode-output.ts}} main debug: adding item `Streaming' ( C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts ) main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index -1 main debug: starting new item main debug: processing request item Streaming node null skip 0 main debug: resyncing on Streaming main debug: Streaming is at 0 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'Streaming' main debug: thread started main debug: waiting for thread initialization main debug: stream=`transcode' main debug: thread 5348 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:370) qt4 debug: Updating the stream status: 3 main debug: looking for sout stream module: 1 candidate main debug: stream=`duplicate' main debug: looking for sout stream module: 1 candidate stream_out_duplicate debug: creating 'duplicate' stream_out_duplicate debug: * adding `std{access=file,mux=ts,dst=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\transcode-output.ts}' main debug: stream=`std' main debug: looking for sout stream module: 1 candidate main debug: set config option: sout-standard-access to file main debug: set config option: sout-standard-mux to ts main debug: set config option: sout-standard-dst to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\transcode-output.ts stream_out_standard debug: creating `file/ts://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\transcode-output.ts' stream_out_standard debug: extension is ts stream_out_standard debug: extension -> mux=ts stream_out_standard debug: using `file/ts://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\transcode-output.ts' main debug: looking for sout access module: 1 candidate access_output_file debug: file access output opened (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\transcode-output.ts) main debug: using sout access module "access_output_file" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 2.188 ms - Total 2.188 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 2.188 ms) stream_out_standard debug: access opened main debug: looking for sout mux module: 1 candidate mux_ts debug: shaping=200000 pcr=70000 dts_delay=400000 main debug: using sout mux module "mux_ts" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 10.217 ms - Total 10.217 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 10.217 ms) main debug: muxer support adding stream at any time main debug: muxer prefers to wait for all ES before starting to mux stream_out_standard debug: mux opened main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_standard" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 21.707 ms - Total 21.707 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 21.707 ms) main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_duplicate" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 22.028 ms - Total 22.028 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 22.028 ms) main debug: set config option: sout-transcode-vcodec to mp2v main debug: set config option: sout-transcode-vb to 2000 main debug: set config option: sout-transcode-scale to 1 main debug: set config option: sout-transcode-acodec to mpga main debug: set config option: sout-transcode-ab to 128 main debug: set config option: sout-transcode-channels to 2 stream_out_transcode debug: codec audio=mpga 0Hz 2 channels 128Kb/s stream_out_transcode debug: codec video=mp2v 0x0 scaling: 1.000000 2000kb/s main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_transcode" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 46.199 ms - Total 46.199 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 46.199 ms) main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 6.716 ms - Total 6.716 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 6.716 ms) main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' main debug: looking for access module: 5 candidates vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.cue vcd debug: could not find .cue file access_file debug: opening file `C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' main debug: using access module "access_file" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 1.184 ms - Total 1.184 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.184 ms) main debug: Using AStream*Stream main debug: pre-buffering... main debug: received first data for our buffer main debug: pre-buffering done 1015777 bytes in 0s - 8903 kbytes/s main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' main debug: looking for demux module: 51 candidates main debug: using demux module "ts" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 18.159 ms - Total 18.159 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 18.159 ms) main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ ts debug: DEMUX_SET_GROUP 0 00000000 main debug: starting in sync mode main debug: `C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\smelly-plant.ts' successfully opened ts debug: PATCallBack called ts debug: new PAT ts_id=1241 version=29 current_next=1 ts debug: * number=1 pid=66 ts debug: PMTCallBack called ts debug: new PMT program number=1 version=29 pid_pcr=69 ts debug: * es pid=68 type=3 fcc=mpga main debug: selecting program id=1 main debug: looking for packetizer module: 18 candidates qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103 qt4 debug: Updating the stream status: 3 main debug: using packetizer module "mpeg_audio" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 11.494 ms - Total 11.494 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 11.494 ms) main debug: stream out mode -> no decoder thread ts debug: * es pid=69 type=2 fcc=mpgv main debug: looking for packetizer module: 18 candidates main debug: using packetizer module "packetizer_mpegvideo" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 1.348 ms - Total 1.348 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 1.348 ms) main debug: stream out mode -> no decoder thread mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS main debug: control type=1 mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS mpeg_audio debug: waiting for PTS packetizer_mpegvideo debug: size 1440x1080 fps=29.970 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103 qt4 debug: New Event: type 1108 mpeg_audio debug: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:384 main debug: adding a new sout input (sout_input:03B83428) stream_out_transcode debug: creating audio transcoding from fcc=`mpga' to fcc=`mpga' main debug: looking for decoder module: 33 candidates main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 0.872 ms - Total 0.872 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.872 ms) main debug: looking for encoder module: 11 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec initialized (interface 3407872 ) avcodec debug: found encoder MPEG Audio layer 1/2 main debug: using encoder module "avcodec" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 14.969 ms - Total 14.969 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 14.969 ms) stream_out_transcode debug: Looking for filter (mpga->s16l, channels 2->2, rate 48000->48000) main debug: looking for audio filter2 module: 8 candidates mpgatofixed32 debug: mpga->fl32, bits per sample: 0 main debug: using audio filter2 module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 0.771 ms - Total 0.771 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.771 ms) main debug: Filter 'mpgatofixed32' (03CABEE0) appended to chain stream_out_transcode debug: Looking for filter (fl32->s16l, channels 2->2, rate 48000->48000) main debug: looking for audio filter2 module: 8 candidates audio_format debug: fl32->s16l, bits per sample: 32->16 main debug: using audio filter2 module "audio_format" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 0.278 ms - Total 0.278 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 0.278 ms) main debug: Filter 'audio_format' (0690B820) appended to chain stream_out_duplicate debug: duplicated a new stream codec=mpga (es=68 group=1) main debug: adding a new input mux_ts debug: adding input codec=mpga pid=68 mux_ts debug: new PCR PID is 68 stream_out_duplicate debug: - added for output 0 main debug: switching to async mode main debug: adding a new sout input (sout_input:06828700) stream_out_transcode debug: creating video transcoding from fcc=`mpgv' to fcc=`mp2v' main debug: looking for decoder module: 33 candidates main debug: using decoder module "libmpeg2" main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 8.089 ms - Total 8.089 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 8.089 ms) main debug: looking for encoder module: 11 candidates avcodec debug: libavcodec already initialized avcodec debug: Warning vbv_delay will be set to 0xFFFF (=VBR) as the specified vbv buffer is too large for the given bitrate! (mpeg2video@03BA4110) avcodec debug: removing common factors from framerate (mpeg2video@03BA4110)ts debug: eof ? main debug: EOF reached qt4 debug: New Event: type 1103 qt4 debug: Updating the stream status: 8 main debug: finished input main debug: dying input qt4 debug: Updating the stream status: 8 ts debug: pid list: ts debug: - pid[0] seen ts debug: - pid[66] seen main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: removing a sout input (sout_input:03B83428) main debug: TIMER encoding audio frame : 0.436 ms - Total 1041.941 ms / 2029 intvls (Avg 0.514 ms) main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio" main debug: removing module "avcodec" main debug: Filter 'mpgatofixed32' (03CABEE0) removed from chain main debug: removing module "mpgatofixed32" main debug: Filter 'audio_format' (0690B820) removed from chain main debug: removing module "audio_format" mux_ts debug: removing input pid=68 mux_ts debug: new PCR PID is 8191 main warning: no more input streams for this mux ts debug: - pid[68] seen main debug: removing module "packetizer_mpegvideo" main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpgv', 0 PES in FIFO main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES ts debug: - pid[69] seen ts debug: - pid[8191] seen main debug: removing module "ts" main debug: removing module "access_file" main debug: thread ended main debug: dead input main debug: thread times: real 0m12.267640s, kernel 0m2.183139s, user 0m7.550857s main debug: thread 5348 joined (playlist/engine.c:244) main debug: Destroying the input for 'Streaming' main debug: TIMER input launching for 'Streaming' : 210.226 ms - Total 210.226 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 210.226 ms) main debug: destroying chain... (name=transcode) main debug: destroying chain... (name=duplicate) stream_out_duplicate debug: closing a duplication main debug: destroying chain... (name=std) main debug: removing module "mux_ts" access_output_file debug: file access output closed main debug: removing module "access_output_file" main debug: removing module "stream_out_standard" main debug: destroying chain done main debug: removing module "stream_out_duplicate" main debug: destroying chain done main debug: removing module "stream_out_transcode" main debug: destroying chain done main debug: starting new item main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1) main debug: nothing to play avcodec warning: Set profile and level (mpeg2video@03BA4110) avcodec error: cannot open encoder main debug: TIMER module_Need() : 42.620 ms - Total 42.620 ms / 1 intvls (Avg 42.620 ms) stream_out_transcode error: cannot find video encoder (module:any fourcc:mp2v) main debug: removing module "libmpeg2" stream_out_transcode error: cannot create video chain main error: cannot create packetizer output (mpgv) mpeg_audio debug: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:384
for shits/grings, I installed 0.8.6i for win32 again, and it worked...

-Tk

Deckard
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Deckard » 12 Nov 2008 12:01

Does anybody have any working RTMP url ?
I try to playback this kind of streams but none of VLC releases work.

Thank you.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 12 Nov 2008 12:10

Did telx ever work for you ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 12 Nov 2008 13:42

Biong:
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-0.9 ... _output.3F

fpohl: this should be fixed in 1.0.0

rustyp: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/ pick any version you want.

StephVlan2008
New Cone
New Cone

VideoLan crashes on quit (easily reproducible)

Postby StephVlan2008 » 12 Nov 2008 17:16

Start videolan, select Media->Open Network. Pick RTP leave default port to 1234.
Click play.
Quit VLC (I use the top right X button but it probably doesn't matter).
You get a VLC application error
instruction at 0x694a9640 referenced memory at 0x694a9640. The memory could not be read, bla bla bla.
In this case I wasn't streaming anything to my windows PC. I have seen this bug since I've started using the 0.9 releases.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 12 Nov 2008 19:15

StephanVlan2008: Fill a bug.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

lestbest
New Cone
New Cone

Postby lestbest » 12 Nov 2008 19:16

Thanx VLC_help for your solution on the .flv playback problem.

I've got some other issues with version 0.9.7-git Grishenko:

I use the Native Interface type, with display mode 'Classic look', have selected option 'Integrate video in interface' and have turned on video option 'Embedded video', but it keeps on playing the video in a seperate window named: VLC (hardware YUV overlay DirectX output). I kept my settings from the previous version when I installed the current version. Maybe this is just a configuration issue, but the I never had this problem with the previous versions.

Another issue is when you switch back from full screen playback the player window is not resized to the original size. The video window gets a frame, but is still sized to full screen.

eisenringtheo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby eisenringtheo » 12 Nov 2008 23:58

VLC doesn't run and vista gives an error:
" problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: vlc.exe
Application Version: 0.9.6.99
Application Timestamp: 49148d5f
Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll