Commercial use with Delphi wrapper ???

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Yo!Han
New Cone
New Cone

Commercial use with Delphi wrapper ???

Postby Yo!Han » 23 Oct 2008 10:17

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's allowed to use the delphi wrapper (connected with the libvlc.dll) in a commercial product. If it is, I would like to know what's the best way to distrubute all the dll-files I need. Can I copy them to the "windows/system32" directory ? I don't want to install the complet VLC to each computer I want to use my own software product.

Waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Yo!Han

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Commercial use with Delphi wrapper ???

Postby VLC_help » 23 Oct 2008 16:49

IANAL. If you share your programs source code under GPL or similar license, it is allowed in GPL license point of view, but you might want to negotiate license deals with MPEG LA and similar organizations if you include any MPEG or some another commercial codec supports in your program. These points depends on where you live, some countries different regulations. And to be safe, contact lawyer.

Easy way for VLC dll files, is to make your own plugin folder where you have those dll files you need and give the path to libvlc when you start it.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”