0.9.2 Nasty flash on TV out when using playlist

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Heinz Muller
New Cone
New Cone

0.9.2 Nasty flash on TV out when using playlist

Postby Heinz Muller » 18 Sep 2008 09:55

Hello everybody,

I'm using version 0.8 now on a daily base and really, it's the most stable player i've seen so far.
In version 0.8 i've had this weird problem with avi files, they don't play fluently, the video's had some kind of hiccup.
In version 0.9.2 this hiccup is gone, and my compliments go to the developers of VLC.

However, with version 0.9.2 i've got a new problem,... :(

I make a playlists and let the video play on my Windows XP pc and view it on a tv out full screen, when the playlist is done it will stop. Nothing wrong until so far I think,... :)
But when I play this playlist with version 0.9.2 between the video's there is some kind of flash. Like the player loses it's overlay or something.
I'd never had this problem with version 0.8 and that is the weird thing.

I really hope you guys can help me out, because this flash is really nasty.

Thanks in advance,
Heinz

By the way my specs are:
Asus P5K
Q6600 processor
4 gig kingstong ram
500 gig WD Hard Drive
Matrox Pharellia (with DVmax on)

wolly_a
New Cone
New Cone

Re: 0.9.2 Nasty flash on TV out when using playlist

Postby wolly_a » 18 Sep 2008 10:57

Heey,

I have the same problem... I used the 8.x version and the video was always jerky, i have posted this problem before. With the new player the jerky video is solved and now i can watch smooth video, but indeed there are flashes between the video's in the playlist.

I've tried a bunch of different videocards and not all cards have the same flash, some have it a little, others a lot. I really, really want to use a Matrox videocard, because of the very good videoplayback on the tv-out, but this card is the worst...

The flash is by the way also visible with other players, like Media Player Classic...

Is there some setting to solve this problem?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”